Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Town Car for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Rugged, Dependable, Smooth, Quiet...

0rnery, 08/21/2014
Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Why is the panther platform the 1st choice for patrol cars, taxi and livery service? For the very same reason it's MY 1st choice! Built like a bull, quiet as a mouse and smooth as a... panther. I repair my own cars as much as possible, and these cars break down the least of any, and when they do, they're cheap and easy to fix. Not to mention the inherent safety of a full size, body on frame vehicle. Just took delivery of a 2006 Designer and it's no different than my previous Town Cars and Grand Marquis' in comfort and roominess. This platform has been tweaked to perfection as far as drive-ability. Update 2019/02/22 The Town Car reviewed above, is a garage queen. I use it about 500 miles per year. I still LOVE it. So much so, I purchased another for a daily driver a couple years ago. Don't bother with a Grand Marquis, unless your really trying to save a couple bucks. For about the same price you can get a Town Car that's just as reliable, with more rear legroom. Both of mine have the sunroof. I'll never buy another vehicle without.

Towncar - American luxury at its best

TomnMaryland, 07/07/2006

I've owned many vehicles in my 25+ years of driving. BMW 5-series, other imports, domestics....My wife literally LOVES her car. Now, I do too! The overall combination - roomy interior, gas mileage, easy to drive - makes Towncar an awesome choice. Get one for yourself, you'll agree.

My 06 t/c

jessem12801, 11/20/2010

I bought a 99 a couple of years ago and didn't like it at all. Not as comfortable as the Lincoln t/c's of the 90's vintage. Then I bought an 05. A little better comfort wise but still worse then the 90's versions. Now I have my 06 sig. Ltd. Comfort is slightly better then the 05 or maybe I'm just used to the seats by now. I like the adjustable pedals and cd changer and the Lincoln town car ride! Nothing else like it. I know the reliability of these cars is second to none since I drove limo's for 20+ years in NYC in these and they never broke! 300,000 miles easy and no issues! I still prefer the old body style though. Just a more elegant looking car all around. Ford has one of the most reliable cars ever

My 2006 designer series town car

DR POOL, 10/15/2005

I have been driving lincoln since 1972. My 2003 and 2006 are without a doubt the best 2 lincolns i have ever had. I added the navigation system to the 2006 and after figuring out how to use it, i read the book 4 times, it is a miraculous accessory. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lincoln town car is the finest riding automobile in the industry. It performs well, although it needs a 5 speed transmission instead of the 4 speed, but when it shifts into second, it really moves. The gas mileage is fantastic for such a big car and uses 87 octane gasoline. In this day and age, the 87 octane saves you a lot of money. Orchids to lincoln for manufacturing a great automobile.

I love this car.......

Furley, 04/27/2009

This car is a commuters dream; I drive from Scranton to NYC daily and I must say this is the best car for commuting ever! I have had other cars nothing compares to the Lincoln Town Car. I would say for the price I paid, and that fact that any garage anywhere can do a quick service on it with out any difficulty is perfect for me. I love the ride, it is perfect for NYC potholes. This car has 200,000 miles on it everything still works. No problems at all.

I love my 14th town car, still the best!

LTC06, 11/21/2006

My 2006 Lincoln Town Designer Series is my 14th Town Car since 1986! And I can say that this 2006 edition is still the best luxury car on the US market. No other luxury car can boast the quality of ride, ease of handling, quickness and smoothness of response to various driving and road conditions, build quality, luxury appointments and reliability that the Town Car continues to offer. My fuel economy experience is in the 20 city/28 highway range. I have never had a mechanical problem with any of my 14 Town Cars. I have tried the Japanese, German, English and American luxury vehicles and none can compare to the Lincoln Town Car!

care and maintenace of this car

belvin evans, 09/12/2016
Signature Limited 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

this automobile was purchased in june 2006 with 15000 miles on it. it has never missed routine service and has had all other major service work done by parkway ford Lincoln on peterscreek rd. it was in 1 accident about 6 years ago the hood .bumper and left front fender were replaced. there was no structure damage or electrical damage .it has no oil or fluid leaks and drives as it did when new.

The epitome of perfection

Wise Owl, 10/25/2006

I think the Town car is the only true luxury sedan on the market. I can find nothing wrong with the design of this car! It truly is a masterpiece. I hope it lasts forever. Ford should not touch this car, in fear of ruining it! I love it, I get 31+ MPG on the highway, how can you beat that? I do find that if you drive this car prudently the mileage is ridiculously high for a car this size. However, if you drive it like a sports car, say goodbye to economy, and rightfully so! If you want to own and drive true American craftsmanship, made with pride, buy this car! You will not find a better car for the money.

Town Car / affordable luxury

Fred Issa, 10/23/2008

My 2006 Lincoln Town Car is the 6th Lincoln I have owned. I love Town Cars for rear wheel drive, affordability, looks, great as mileage at 28 MPG, [with the Nitro filed tires] doing 65 - 70 miles per hour. The ride is like sitting at home in your easy chair. I keep my Lincoln Town Cars 10 years or more, even after I buy new ones. One of my best friends bought a new 2008 top of the line Lexus, and he said my TC gives a better ride than his car, for which he paid a bundle. When we have visitors from out of the country, visiting the USA, and I am asked to take them to the airport, they think they are riding in a limo. Several have commented that they drive a Mercedes, or BMW, & prefer mine

Simply Marvelous

Mr. Carkin, 06/04/2006

Although I have owned the 2006 Signature Limited Town Car for only five days, I feel that I should speak. I traded in a 2002 Town Car which I loved. As much as I loved the old car, the new car is firmer in handling, the ride is significantly improved, absorbing bumps with grace, and the car is as firm as can be on the road. It is a beautiful car to drive and to look at. Improvements? Thicker visors, like the 2002, richer leather on the dash and other trim, real wood instead of plastic for the "wood" trim on the dash. The back seat could have a bit more standard leg room. These are small issues for a car that is very pleasing to travel in and effortless to drive.

51050