Used 2016 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lincoln Navigator Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Don’t be Shocked
By Chris Eickhorst

2016 Lincoln Navigator Select 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased a 2016 certified Navigator as we are now retired and planned on making many road trips. We now have 57,000 miles on it with nearly 30,000 of those miles being highway driven. We loaded the SUV down and took a trip from Florida to Yellowstone to California. We were impressed with the fuel economy for such a heavy SUV, averaging around 18-19 highway MPG. Very comfortable ride, superior performance and handling. We were disappointed in oral commands to the navigation and so when choosing a new destination you have to be at a stop. 2017 model has a very much improved command center. Recently we were told we needed new shocks ($1700.00 from the dealership) new brakes and now new calipers. We are 7,000 out of warranty so now on our own for over $2500 in repairs on this SUV. We called Lincoln Support and too bad so sad nothing they can do. Really? Not even discounted parts? Very disappointed in their ability to help out. The shocks were probably bad within the warranty period but it was never mentioned to me even though the dealership completed their multi point inspection. Dealership parts department was not at all surprised at our order of new shocks apparently they’ve sold a lot of them. Our mechanic was shocked at the amount of repairs needed on such a new vehicle as were we. Heck, the bolts weren’t even rusted on the parts removed!

Exceeded expectations
By John Boyer

2016 Lincoln Navigator Reserve 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned seven Expeditions and had wonderful experience with all of them. Very capable and reliable. I test drove a 2016 Expedition and then a Lincoln Navigator. Navigator was superior fit, finish, ride and very quiet in comparison. I own a Lexus LS 460 sedan which is top of line Lexus. My Navigator is actually quieter than the Lexus. I was astounded. Other large SUVs such as Tahoe, Escalade, QX 80 did not have the capacity or the ride that I wanted. Also I had read about reliability issues on other vehicles. I have been driving large SUVs for 19 years and found this car is just easy to drive. So, I bought the 2wd Navigator Reserve. I could not be happier. No regrets. Since I last posted this review I had a total engine failure due to EGR valve. It was an item subject to a service bulletin.
Lincoln should fix all of them before a breakdown. I was put in a dangerous position when it failed. Other than that, vehicle is still a wonder. I am now at about 19000 miles. After 43000 miles had issue of a slight squeak with steering colum cowel which was fixed under warranty. To me and for me this is the best vehicle on the planet. I look forward to buying 2018 Navigator. I predict this SUV will be legendary.

why knot?
By Sandy Rome

2016 Lincoln Navigator Select 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Just get in & drive
By William Tyndal

2016 Lincoln Navigator Select 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned 6 new Navigators since 1997 and they all have been great... Only one repair issue in all six. The 2016 has the new turbo 6 cylinder which is plenty powerful! All in all great value for a big SUV.