Used 2012 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Awsome Vehicle MKZ Hybrid 2011

kensnek, 06/08/2011
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have had this car since March of 2011 and love everything about it. Have averaged 39.1 long term combination city/hwy. This car has exceeded our expectations for mileage,comfort,handling and looks. We never expected to own a Lincoln let alone a hybrid. This car is a well kept secret!

New to Hybrid Cars

dieselfest, 09/04/2012
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just passed 600 miles on new Ultimate Pkg MKZ Hybrid. On short trips about 2 miles I get about 26 mpg. Commute to work 22 miles one way 30City/70Hyw, I get 42 mpg consistently. Strange results considering city should be 41 mpg and thats what the short trips are. If I drive normally meaning faster off the line at stop lights and break later and harder, I can only get about 33 mpg average. This isn't too bad and I can live with those numbers. The car really teaches me how to drive more efficiently. I do go past 65 mph but under 75 on the highway regularly and still get 42 mpg. I find that hard acceleration and hard breaking is my biggest problem.

put your doubts behind, get the hybrid

bbq_pitmaster, 11/11/2011
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If there's no difference in price why would you want the gas-eating V6? Our average fuel economy is 37.8 MPG and could be better, depending on how much you're pushed in traffic. You do not have to trade off on power, it just comes from another source. It's quiet and responsive; regenerative breaks are great, nice wood trim, more if you get the exec pkg (plus suede inserts); heated and cooled seats; blind spot system is also very helpful. Headroom is not as spacious because of the moonroof. Center console hits the arm just right, the ones on the door are too low, so you rest your arm on the window sill. Decent turning radius, adjustable LED dash display. THX sound is very nice.

The Perfect Commuter Car

Michael Lincoln, 09/09/2015
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a comfortable and reliable car to get you to work each day. It does not excel at anything and is very predictable. The exception is the Sync infotainment. Specifically the Applink function is hit or miss each day. I can blame my cellphone as it updates itself weekly or monthly, and Sync never updates. However, it always fixes itself when you disconnect the battery and reconnect. Other than that, I recommend you get this model used as it somehow depreciates to a lower amount than the same year Fusion, which it is based on. Maintain it and keep it clean. Lastly, use all the money you save with zero repairs and get a nice sports car, motorcycle, or boat you can have fun with on the weekends. Update 9-11-16: It is still a great car. Sync is a dud - at least Bluetooth works. Can't be bothered with disconnecting battery cable. Paint and interior holding up perfectly. Very quiet, very comfortable. Handling not as great as a BMW but did not pay alot for the car. No repairs - definitely a keeper. Update 9-12-17: Still a very good car. Sync is better since I installed a software update. Applink still bad, but at least now, Bluetooth connections will display song and artist. I have replaced the battery and tires. No problems in snow with Michelin Premier tires and AWD. Aside from oil changes, that's it. I would really like a new Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Hood as a play car - but hard to justify since this car has everything I NEED, just not everything I WANT. Update 3-13-18: Trying to justify getting rid of this to get a Kia Stinger, Audi A-4, 2018 MKZ 3.0 Turbo, etc. I just can't . This car has everything I need, enough power, great in the snow with AWD, quiet, comfortable, and I can fit by bike in the trunk with the seats down. It also has zero problems and low trade in value. I guess I will keep it for quite a while. Update 3-17-20: Purchased new tires last month as car was riding horrible. New tires did not fix it. Exchanged for really smooth tires Pirelli P7 AS Plus II. Car still vibrates, especially at low speeds. My mechanic is unsure of problem - blames tires. Earlier MKZs had driveshaft problems that produced vibrations but appeared to be resolved a year before mine. I guess next step is to bring to dealer. Other than that, car is extremely reliable. No major work other than tires and changed transmission fluid. Update 9-12-20 70K. Rebalancing tires improved vibration issues. Got new brakes pads and rotors. Was advised draft shaft may need to be replaced soon. This a common problem with Ford AWD systems. Still looks and runs like new.

2011 Lincoln MKZ

jbradsh1, 06/29/2011
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Ford Fusion and the Mercury Milan and then drove the MKZ. What a difference! The Lincoln has a larger 3.5 L V-6 so it has more power. It is VERY QUIET unlike the Ford and Mercury. It's steering is perfectly smooth and doesn't want to jump back to straight and level after a turn. All the controls are Lincoln smooth so it's a real pleasure to drive this car. I drove the hybrid MKZ but it's ride was much firmer, too firm actually, it was a deal breaker for me. My MKZ was the base model which is so well equipped I didn't need any other options at all. The Lincoln dealer gave me $4K off the sticker price so at $31.5K it's a real bargain in my opinion. I love it.

12345...6