Used 2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

Used MKX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

You can run but you can't see it

tcars1, 09/11/2011
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The My Lincoln Touch (my ford touch) system is a complete joke. 3 days into the car the system has crashed twice. 6 days into it the system has locked up, audio non-existant. Nav map comes and goes at will. The MFT system simply does not work. I don't care that it is "slow" but loses blue tooth every 5 min. and rebooting while using the nav is ridiculous. Now I am stuck with this piece of Sh*t. Dealers have excuses. Search MFT/MLT (I wish I did) and believe... you will be sorry you bought this car when you get your blank screen and have to pull over, restart the car and wonder if it will work. Starting everyday has brought on some other glitch.

Terrible engine broken at 74K

PattyG, 09/22/2017
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

1/6/2020 - YES!!!! I finally got rid of this vehicle, trading it in for a 2020 Red Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium...... love my new vehicle!!! I bought this "Top of the Line" Elite Package car used, looking almost brand new in October 2014 with about 28,000 miles. Less than 50,000 miles later, and it is now September 2017; and the engine needs to be replaced... $7,100 - $7,200. Are you kidding??? That is unacceptable. Oh, and the dealership never heard of this problem happening!!! Really ???? After reading numerous articles through various forums about Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX engines, I see that this is a huge problem. There is NO way that any Ford or Lincoln dealership is not aware of this happening. I purchased this Lincoln after having owned a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Premier which was a terrific vehicle. It seemed like a good idea even though it was extremely disappointing that the Mercury brand dissolved. Shame on the salesman who took me on that trade-in and then sold me a junky MKX --- no quality. Update: 3/31/18 - So, ever since the engine was replaced(October), there has been a rattle ( a sound like a wire rattling around ), mostly above 65 mph, which is why I did not hear it until traveling on the interstate. The mechanic shop that I had the engine replaced is a 1 to 1/2. hr. drive, and I work full-time, so going back to that shop was a mistake to begin with and something I am unable to do now. I went to the local Lincoln dealer where I had originally purchased my car to have an oil change and check this noise. Of course they saw nothing, and said to come back if it continues. I had told them that you do not hear the noise until going over 65 mph. And I cannot spend another couple of hundred dollars on yet another car rental for mine to be in the shop and "hope" they find the rattle. So my rating of this vehicle continues to be poor. When I finish paying it off, I will certainly be getting another vehicle and it will not be a Lincoln or a Ford. Update - 10/2/2019. Still have the MKX, almost paid off. Plan to trade within the next few months to get a long-lasting Toyota 4Runner. Never another Lincoln. Mechanics have never figured out about the rattle. Update - 10/3/2019. SAME PROBLEM today as 2 WEEKS AGO. TOWED AGAIN to dealer to fix.... lost power steering, check charging station came on.... last time they fixed it required installing belts which were gone and replace gasket cap. Same problem today and had to have it towed yet again to dealer. SUCH an UNRELIABLE vehicle. Just 90,000 miles on it, 60,000 miles the last 5 years, the front leather seats are rubbing off. Oh and still has rattle from a year ago when engine was replaced because the water pump broke. Run away from Lincoln !!! 01/06/2020 - FINALLY. Traded for a beautiful sturdy awesome brand new red Toyota 4-Runner Off Road Premium. A great, dependable larger SUV which I absolutely love to drive.

My Sync

fman47, 07/04/2011
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I would have rated this car a lot better but I am totally disgusted with the "My Sync". In plain terms, it is a piece of crap! I been back to the dealer 3 times and since I have been I still having reliability problems such as bluetooth drops out by itself - 4 times Navigation system - SD Failure 3 times Response of system slow - almost always voice activated calls; 20 -30 seconds before it dials the phone -15 times voice activation in consistent in understanding the request.

Definitely put this vehicle on your "to drive list".

aussiehjk, 12/21/2011
4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our Lincoln MKS for a new MKX. The build quality of this vehicle is a credit to Ford. Within a week we had to do a 1,800 mile trip from NC to Indiana and back. The MKX performed faultlessly. The 3.7L V6 has more than ample power and cruises effortlessly. Fuel economy average was around 28mpg. This car is very quiet at highway speed and handles exceptionally well. Our MKX is black and turned numerous heads even on the highway. Sirius radio is excellent, seats are very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. if you are in the market for a luxury SUV you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not consider this vehicle. Every bit as good as a Lexus.

Simply great SUV!

link-x, 10/31/2010
4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving the new 2011 MKX for 2 weeks now, and still can,t get enough of this car. Finally Lincoln woke up and created something really really good. The comfort, equipment and ride quality should be the mark other SUVS are measured by.The new engine with 305 HP really puts some excitement into driving. Interior is simply awesome, with leather seats, dashboard and steering wheel. The electronics on this car are simply awesome, everything voice controlled. And of course the THX 2 sound system with 14 speakers and a subwoofer is definitely my favorite future. I have tested Mercedes MLK, audit Q5, and BMW x3 and none of these cars can measure up to Lincoln. Take drive in it, you will see

12345...8