Used 2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

Luvin our Lincoln
By Len

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of bells and whistles. suggest extended warranty to cover computer problems if they come up.

Syncmyride not supported
By Robert

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought MKX 2011 and I'm disappointed that syncmyride the computer system is not supported. Is there any class action lawsuits against Ford and Microsoft for not supporting syncmyride and this is 2018 and I bought this car this year in May 2018 and it's a 2011 MKX and I had 90,000 miles. The computer system on this vehicle is not that great because there's no support it's just doesn't make any sense to me I mean if anyone knows of any class action lawsuits let me know because actually there should be a huge one thank you.

Syncmyride not supported
By Robert

Super Comfortable SUV
By Rebecca

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This Lincoln would have been rated perfectly in every category but the controls are frustrating to me. I know they look sleek but they aren’t functional. The slide idea doesn’t work nearly as well as a knob does!!! Other than that it is a fabulous ride!

Terrible engine broken at 74K
By PattyG

2011 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this "Top of the Line" Elite Package car used, looking almost brand new in October 2014 with about 28,000 miles. Less than 50,000 miles later, and it is now September 2017; and the engine needs to be replaced... $7,100 - $7,200. Are you kidding??? That is unacceptable. Oh, and the dealership never heard of this problem happening!!! Really ???? After reading numerous articles through various forums about Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX engines, I see that this is a huge problem. There is NO way that any Ford or Lincoln dealership is not aware of this happening. I purchased this Lincoln after having owned a 1999 Mercury Mountaineer Premier which was a terrific vehicle. It seemed like a good idea even though it was extremely disappointing that the Mercury brand dissolved. Shame on the salesman who took me on that trade-in and then sold me a junky MKX --- no quality.

Update: 3/31/18 - So, ever since the engine was replaced(October), there has been a rattle ( a sound like a wire rattling around ), mostly above 65 mph, which is why I did not hear it until traveling on the interstate. The mechanic shop that I had the engine replaced is a 1 to 1/2. hr. drive, and I work full-time, so going back to that shop was a mistake to begin with and something I am unable to do now. I went to the local Lincoln dealer where I had originally purchased my car to have an oil change and check this noise. Of course they saw nothing, and said to come back if it continues. I had told them that you do not hear the noise until going over 65 mph. And I cannot spend another couple of hundred dollars on yet another car rental for mine to be in the shop and "hope" they find the rattle. So my rating of this vehicle continues to be poor. When I finish paying it off, I will certainly be getting another vehicle and it will not be a Lincoln or a Ford.