Used 2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKS model:

Best Experience Ever
By PINKDOGRAFIX17

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Was looking to replace 1995 Mercedes S320 that was on it's last leg.
From the moment we walked onto the showroom floor to the final signing of our purchase used Lincoln MKS. Every bit of this purchase was above and beyond expectations!! This car is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprisingly Sporty
By Joe Brodell

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Really nice car with excellent performance and handling. Nav and entertainment package is great. Steerable headlights was a surprise. Haven't had long enough to comment on reliability. So many automatic featues there are lots of things that could go wrong. Hopefully they won't but time will tell. Back seat room is awesome. Paddle shift in manual and adaptive cruise. The only thing I don't like is location of trunk release in glove box. I'm in car love!

Stay Away
By Chris

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I own a 2011 MKS with the 3.5 Ecoboost and this thing will cost you a fortune to own unless you are a mechanic. First off, anyone claiming over 25 MPG is insane unless they only drive downhill. Ecoboost does not stand for efficient. The brakes are underwhelming, and I have never seen a car go through rear brakes so quickly. I have had the brakes changed multiple times, and recently switched to a set of carbon ceramic Powerstop brakes, and are a worthwhile investment if you want them functioning properly on a day to day basis. The motor went in the steering column and the entire thing had to be replaced. The brake booster went out, which is not a huge deal but took a half dozen times in the shop for them to identify. All the while driving garbage ford loaner cars. When someone purchases an MKS, they do not want to be stuck driving a C-max or a fiesta. The timing chain was replaced, which is also a common problem with the 3.5, and a huge reason to stay clear of the F-150's with this engine. other issues: ball joints, control arm, tie rods, rattling speakers, sunroof leaks into the rear door???... the list goes on. Don't get me wrong, this car is amazingly comfortable traveling with my family of four, but please buy a lexus and stay away from American junk. Made in Chicago. Built like crap.

MKS Ecoboost - American Luxury is Fun again!
By rick_et

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new on Sep 30, 2011. I love this vehicle. It's got plenty of horsepower and will rocket you onto the interstate or around those slow moving vehicles in the left lane. All the while surrounding you in the comfort of heated and cooled, soft leather seats and a surround sound audio system that puts you in the best seat of any venue while cranking out your favorite tunes. Everything sounds good in surround, even the stuff you hate!

I like that Lincoln isn't trying to go Euro luxury with this vehicle. It is a big, well mannered, comfortable highway cruiser that stands out from the rest of the vehicles on the road.

Be different, buy Lincoln.

3.5 Ecoboost engine, THX Surround Audio, Sync technology - (and I am not a big Microsoft fan), Navigation, heated and cooled seats, room for 5, interior decor.

The Ecoboost trim package is very nice. To really hit it out of the park, maybe more of a retro groove on the center console for the knobs and some matching metal trim on the console.

Fantastic ride!
By cliff30

2011 Lincoln MKS Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Really a sweet ride! My MKS with Ecoboot is an amazing car. It was great in the winter, going uphill on a road with 4 to 7 inches of snow--even with 20 inch wheels and tires! The only other vehicle that didn't get stuck was my neighbor's Tahoe. I was really impressed. There is a ton of room and I really like the leather they use. It feels really soft but has held up well (20,000 miles)

The Eco-boost twin turbo is definitely my favorite feature. When the turbos kick in, is throws you back in the seat. I "floored" it once going about 20 while pulling away from a stop sign. The tires chirped and I was GONE. I don't know who was more impressed, me or the guy on the motor cycle. I could tell he was impressed b the way his head snapped around to look at me. The twin panel moonroof is really cool too. I like the way the sunshade really covers everything and of course the cooled seats are the greatest. I did not want the radar cruise contral, but one long trip sold me on that a couple weeks ago. The automatic parking feature is really neat, but I've only used it a few times

I can't think of anything I would like to change. The trunk looks small at first, but it has never failed to swallow everything I have tried to stuff in it! I've tried to use the paddle shift system, but the automatic seems to do it much better than I can. I do wish the paddle shift levers were on the transmission shiftier, more like a real manual transmission.