Used 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Mark VIII for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Awesome Car

luvthiscar, 11/26/2010

This car is already over 13 years old and still kicks the snot out of 80 percent of the new cars on the road today. Why Lincoln stopped making these Ill never know, this is my 5th one. The people who own these cars NEVER get rid of them. Still looks modern 14 years later. If you get a chance to own one of these you will see to, and never get rid of it.

My second Mark, these are great cars

mmtphoto, 03/18/2008

Quick with a 4.6 DOHC all aluminum, and with mods like exhaust work, different rearratio with limited slip, air intake mods this is a low 14 second car, and there is virtually nothing on the road that can roll with it. It handles great expecially for a big car, and is beautiful with lots of style and design innovations. Air ride is nice but not dependable-you have to figure on replacing components every 6 to 8 years. Headlights are a joke, but HID kits on ebay cost $77 and are simple to install, so that problem is history now. Still able to get parts, but the 96 is the most unique and rare, so this'll be an issue one day. I will always have one-great car!

I love this car!

Sassy, 08/07/2006

Decent mileage for what it is, 22-24MPG on average. If you like to feel the road and enjoy driving without being in a true 2-seater - this is the car! I've had mine almost 10-years now; just turned 70,000. It's been super reliable - did have to replace a headlight - not cheap! The Toreador Red Clearcoat, chrome wheels, and moon roof make it a real head-turner. She sure doesn't look her age and gets compliments almost daily. I prefer its tight, somewhat stiff ride to the mushy rides of the Town Car and Cadillacs - I feel like I'm in a "grown-up" Corvette (which I drove for a few years). Just wish they still made these cars - can you tell I'm really attached? A joy to drive!

Nice Car!

ROCK, 03/04/2006

The LSC is outstanding. For a 10 year old car with over 100,000 miles on it, the car drives like new. All of the bells and whistles, and there are many, operate perfectly. I still think the body shape is still simply stunning. Plenty of power and great handling for a car of this weight. The LSC model produces an extra 10 horsepower. Because this car was Fords best thing to roll off the assembly line, I predict it will someday be a classic. It is a true personal American muscle car.

King Mark the VIIIth

Mark VIII, 05/28/2003

I'm the proud owner of a pre-owned 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. I've got to say that Ford Motor Company really hit the nail on the head with this vehicle. It drives, looks, accelerates, and handles beautifully. It's a shame that today's fads have forced auto manufacturers to make their once spacious, powerful sports coupes into closets on wheels. If Ford had to reduce the size of the T- bird & replace the Mark VIII with the LS to compete with the imports, they should've at least left one big sporty car. This car is - was - nearly perfect in every way. I fully support a Mark IX built on the same concept - big, fast, sleek, and luxurious.

Lincoln sweet heart

Jeff, 01/16/2008

My 96 Lincoln stills feels a tight as the day I brought it home. With 90,000 miles it still drives, runs and looks like a new car. Never had any problems. My only complaint is the headlights are a bit dim.

Great Road Car

john Taylor, 03/15/2002

145K miles NO PROBLEMS. I drive 200 mi and back to Washington, DC every week. Haven't had a lick of trouble. Orig tired lasted 105K. Breaks at 96K. Orig shocks and water pump. On the interstate I get 27-29 MPG depending on AC usage and traffic. All in all the best car I've ever owned.

just havin fun

dthomp, 07/04/2002

I have had this car for 4 months now, this car is excellent on the highway. I learn something new everyday about this car. It looks good, and drives good. Even for this to be a older car, it still have all the luxory features of a brand new car.

Great Car!!

Robert Young, 05/30/2002

This car has been great and is still fun to drive. The power is excellent and the car delivers it and still gets me 27.5 MPG on the freeway. The maintenance cost are high but I have rarely had problems. I have two complaints with the car: First, as with all Ford products I have had, the brakes suck. Second, the headlights on this car are weak but this was corrected with the Xeon headlights on the 97 model.

Fun and sporty

christians0987, 09/07/2003

I bought my Mark LSC as a second car for commuting (talked my wife into it) and since than it's the only car I drive. I love the HID headlight and all the features but most of all the power... and lot's of it. After about 4 mo the only thing I had to change was the oil. The engine and the transmission are still very powerfull although it has 125000 miles on it. The car has all the features in working conditions. If you have a chance to buy do not hesitate it's worth it. I know mine was.

51050