Used 2004 Lexus LX 470 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used LX 470 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

LEXUS IS THE BEST

EarthKarma, 01/21/2004

This was the 5th Lexus we've purchased and it's wonderful. I just traded in my 1998 LX470 that had 100K on it, and never had any problems the entire time I owned it. I thought that care was so wonderful, and this one is even eons better. Smooth, quiet, great stereo, great nav system...doesn't get any better.

LX470 experience

Ricardo Carter M.D, 02/08/2004

THis is my 6th lx470. It is a wonderful vehicle to drive and the low hp240 is not a factor for every day driving. The comfort and the quality of the vehicle is great. Using the current gear shift system and taking off the overdrive on climbing hills or passing, you would'nt know it has a low hp. This is a luxury car ride in an SUV. If you are towing something the it may feel a little underpowered. How often does the average 470 owner have something in tow? You won't get me buying anything but a 470. An upgrade in the cargo space and hp will be great in the new model, but for now this baby is the cream of the crop.

no title

kokopeli, 05/08/2004

Well built, quality SUV. Expensive yes, but the cost is offset by the joy of driving and the dependability. Better than any of the three Mercedes I owned. The bottom line is: would I buy another one. The answer:yes.But why would I want to part with this one?

None better

Greg Gebhardt, 05/25/2004

This is my 3rd LX470. One of the nicest vehicals I have ever driven. With decent tires you can't ever get stuck. Best 4 wheeel drive in its class. Quiet and comfortable. The Lx470 will do large number of miles in a day with no stress to the driver.

My Sixth SUV

Dr. Mike Schuerman, 12/23/2003

This is my 6th SUV and the best thus far, including my 1999 Lincoln Navigator. There is little, if anything, that I do not like about this vehicle. Fun to drive and a pleasure to be in. The Lexus name tells it all, perfection, at it's best. The price is alittle higher than most, but you get just what you pay for with this beauty.

My lexus 407

larry Sands, 03/03/2004

I bought the 407 to drive from Florida to Wyoming and to drive the final 50 miles of poorly graded and sometimes impassable road. The last 10 miles was through mudslick downhills into mudholes of unknown depths and up 45 degree grades of eroded mud and rocks. We made it into one of the most remote ranches in Wyoming without any skids, slides or wheel spinning. The SUV was a muddy mess, but we were exhuberant. After driving back from Wyoming the 407 has led a much more sedate life as a semi-town car, but it's still fun to drive. Larry Sands. DeLand, Florida.

A true Luxury Auto

Caywood, 06/18/2004

I looked and drove every SUV that was for sale. The LX470 was and is by far the top performance, easy to handle, comfortable,and beautiful auto I have ever owned. I was always a Mercedes person until I bought my Lexus. Wow what an Auto! If you have not Driven a Lexus you are missing an outstanding Car.

A Perfect Friend

dionysus, 08/22/2004

Interior is awesome and unparalleled, comparing to those German $100K whatever. Exterior is grandiose. It kept 5 people comfortable in a 3000+ mile trip, mostly highway at 85mph and 14mpg. No electrical problem, no degrading in the ride quality so far. Bluetooth is convenient. DVD nav is handy, also the backup camera. Mark Levinson is better than some home audio. Ownership is superb. Overall, it does more than I can dream out of a $70K SUV. It gives me all the confidence I need for driving. For my family, it's an ultimate friend, way beyond a machine. I love her.

Luxury Utility Vehicle (LUV)

piccolo, 12/31/2003

This vehicle is just superb. The exterior and interior designs are excellent. Comfortable seats with enough leg and head space for tall individuals. Acceleration is amazing for an SUV, better than some sedans. Fun and easy to drive. Excellent audio and navigation systems. This is my first Lexus, and I think now that Lexus is the top car maker.

The best buy LUV on the market

Sam Miao, 01/24/2004

This is by far the best SUV on the market regardless of price, plus the Lexus reputation for service and quality.

excellent

Grayson, 01/31/2004

i own a new lexus lx470 and i have fallen i love with it. this car is great! it can take me anywhere i want to go. it does not have as much horse power as i would have wanted but the rest of the vehicle makes up for that. lexus' are very reliable and luxurious. i highly recommend this car.

Great Ride

Jan Fry, 02/21/2004

We liked our 1999 LX470 so much that we replaced it (100,000 miles) with a new 2004 LX470. The vehicle was wonderful and we never had a mechanical problem. We're confident that we will have the same experience with our 2004 version. Not as pretty as the Range Rover...but very dependable and great in the snow & ice.

Favorite Family Vacation ride

J squryes, 03/05/2004

Drove 2300 miles over Xmas. this SUV kept everyone comfortable even after 15+ hour driving. Smooth, quiet and solid.

Third Lexus LX470

DentalVet, 03/09/2004

This is my third LX470, and it is fantastic. The ride is incredibly smooth and quiet, and the radio is exceptional. The NAV system is great.

Best SUV Ever

VeroGuy, 03/13/2004

Over 100,000 miles and not one issue. Plan to keep this vehicle for 20 years. Most comfortable feel and ride available.

John Beach, 05/08/2004

I have owned Lexus since 1999. 1 LS 400 1 LS430 and 2 LX470 a 2001 and now a 2003. Not one of my vehicles have ever gone back for a warranty problem other than a stuck auto antenna that I suspect the car wash snag. Used to be a Volvo fan, however, when the swedes change to an enviromental friendly glue and parts starting falling off, it Drove me to Lexus. THANKS VOLVO!!!!!

I LOVE WHAT LEXUS DO TO US.!

jo-ne, 06/06/2004

THE ONLY THING THAT I REGRET TO THIS VEHICLE ARE PAYMENTS AND GAS MILEAGE. BUT COMFORT, STYLE LUXURY ARE THE BEST SPECIALLY THE SUSPENSION.IT LEVELED TO ANY ANGLE YOU PARK THE LX470. AMAZING! HONDA SPECIALIST 2001.

LX 470 after 2500 miles

rcf8000, 07/08/2004

My wife and I just returned home after a 2000 mile vacation trip in our new LX. It doesn't handle, steer, or get gas mileage like a car, but we loved the smooth, quiet ride, and found the power to be more than adequate in most situations. The nav system was very useful, but it sometimes created routes that made no sense; maybe it is malfunctioning, or maybe we don't fully understand it. Any nav that needs a half inch thick instruction book should be designed to be more user friendly. But I'm hooked; I will have to have a nav system in any cars that I buy in the future.

Best GPS system anywhere!

HappyLexusOwner, 08/14/2004

I love my Lexus 470! The car handles well, looks great, and has gotten me through some wicked snow storms and rain squalls. The interior is roomy and the sound system rocks.

Great SUV

B0B, 09/04/2004

Very satisfying vehicle. Would recomment over Range Rover or G-class Benz. You don't get the quality, total elegance and quiet competence in all weather and terrain of the LX 470 in those vehicles. See for yourself.

lexus '04

patty van decker, 09/04/2004

My LX470 is a pleasure to drive. It very much feels as if I am gliding over the road as opposed to riding on it. The controls are thoughtfully positioned, the navigation system is efficient and the interior; luxurious. One shortfall, which is akin to my previous Landcruiser, is the lack of leg space provided by the third row seating. However, this is not enough of a problem for me ot to purchase another 470 in a few years.

470 Lx

me2020, 09/10/2004

Great vehicle. Wonderful to drive city and esp highway.

Best Luxury SUV Ever Made

davywoodruff, 11/01/2004

By far the best SUV ever made, especially if you care about luxury. Compared to my previous Range Rover (and even Landcruiser), the LX470 is simply amazing in its ability to deliver quiet, luxurious, reliable performance. It is also beautiful and stylish, despite being around since 1998. Off-road capability (if you dare) is astounding and as good as any stock 4x4 out there. On-road performance is sumptuous, smooth, quiet, relaxed. Driving the LX470 just makes you feel like the world is a more peaceful place. Security in snow and off-road is first-rate.

What a SUV

Barry Williams, 07/10/2004

I am a very large man and did not think that I would be able to really have the comfort I had in my Navagator.I was wrong. It has lots of room and there is good head room. It runs like a champ and the people at the dealership are just tops in all departments. The ony thing I would like a better number on is MPG and that is not real bad but it is just OK. I could not be more pleased and plan to always own a Lexus and it should be a LX470. :-)

WHAT'S A CAR WITHOUT SERVICE?

Kim B, 11/17/2004

Bought 470 May '04.By end of May went on first road trip and discovered door leaked and created an obnoxious squealing sound while traveling at high speed.Lexus dealership tried to fix twice then gave up and sent us to LEXUS USA.We have not gotten any support from them at all.They haven't addressed the problem. It's unbelievable how badly they have treated us. Our door still screams when we travel which is every other week. They have our 70K they win.Please don't buy Lexus.

Good Choice!

Bill nelson, 05/26/2006

nice vehicle over all. For the consumer that requires "high end" luxury i.e Real Estate Brokers like my self, I find that my clientele gives exceptional feedback to the vehicle. Amenities are prevalent throughout. Regarding dependability I personally have had zero issues. Service the vehicle regularly and it should give 300k in mileage in the end. As a fast paced Realtor, dependability is key to my success. I'd highy recoment the LX 470 for those are accustomed to higher level of excellence.

Steve-0, 06/10/2005

It's slow--only 235HP--and prone to crosswinds on the highway. Plus the third seat is difficult to use and takes up lots of space, and my dealer in Boise is unimpressive. But the LX is very well built and has a comfortable interior...

Lexus LX470

mariediana, 09/27/2004

I have only one negative comment - and that is the way the rear gate opens. It opens like a door instad of like a gate. When putting groceries in the back, I like to have the gate serve as a cover for me in the rain while I load groceries. I'm not a fan of the way this back gate is designed.

Wonderful!

Caroline Holmes, 12/30/2004

thank you for sharing that!

the past in the present

MITCHELL ROWE, 12/23/2003

the lx470 is a throwback in automotive times . from a real radio antenna to a muscle engine in peace + QUIET .

Terrific SUV

SMS, 01/11/2005

Wonderful build quality, excellent interior, and pillow-like ride. Could use more power, though. And it wanders more than it should on the highway.

Nothing but Lexus

Bromad, 10/11/2003

This automobile has been more than I ever imagined. It has met all of my expectations and beyond. To add to the top, every Lexus Service Department, I have ever encountered, has been top notch and had the most impeccable customer service all the way around. That is priceless. I will ONLY own a Lexus from now on.

SUV 2 enjoy

flysuv, 10/11/2003

Like the feel, comfort, low noise of the SUV. Build quality is excellent. Feels like driving a smooth sedan (our other Mercedes); just at a higher ground level. Love the Mark Levinson Sound. Cargo space.

lexus

JakeJacobs, 10/18/2003

Very Nice Vehicle I will definitely consider a Lexus again & recommend the vehicle to anyone that is in the market it handles & does everyghing well

Best SUV Ever!

johnnyjjjj, 10/27/2003

I've owned many SUV's. Not one can compare to the Lexus. The drive and technology are unsurpassed. The service and follow through from the dealership are unmatched. I'm definitely a converted Lexus owner.

love my lexus

steveR 22, 11/01/2003

this is my second lx470 my other was a 2002 model. Never had 1 day of trouble with it. On the 2004 model they took a great truck and made it even better. I love it. Im approaching my 1st 1000 miles and getting ready to bring in for the complimentary oil change. The only thing that would have made an even bigger improvement is if they would have come up with third row seating that fold into the floor like some other large suvs also I would have liked a better choice of colors.

What a SUV!!!!

Egidio, 11/05/2003

i switch to a lexus from mercedes. I can't believe how comfortable this SUV is. Being stuck in traffic is very tolerable when I driving my LX470. Can't wait for a newer model to arrive!!!!

Wonderful

Davis1 , 11/18/2003

This is simply hands down the nicest large suv on the planet. I also looked at the Escalade and the difference in night and day. The interior of the Cadillac is made from the cheapest plastic imaginable. The quality in the LX is top-notch. If you want the best, and believe me I've tried them ALL, the LX470 is as good as it gets.

Lexus experience

Texas Lexus, 11/18/2003

This is my 3rd LX470 and I drive 50000 miles annually. They are great and this one is even smoother and better. It does lack horsepower and the performance related thereto...

This is a great car

hlhma, 11/19/2003

Compared with any other SUV, this vehicle is definitely the best. The design is so impressive. It is fun to drive, easy to handle. It is classified as an SUV, but it feels way better than many smaller sedans. Acceleration is amazing. You barely can hear any noise inside this vehicle. I agree that this vehicle does not perfectly fit into the SUV category, but rather it is an LUV for "Luxury Utility Vehicle".

Best luxury SUV in the World

sea3, 11/19/2003

This SUV is for riding in style. It is not for the family of 5 or more, but if you want to ride in style, this is the suv for you. All of the other suv's (navigator, escalade, range rover, etc) ride like a brick. This is pure luxury and if you can afford, don't miss out on it. This is the bentley of SUV's.

great suv

happydaz0, 11/29/2003

i have allways driven a m.b. suv..this lx470 is light years ahead...i enjoy this suv in rain and snow as it holds the road very well...my next sedan will be a lexus...NO MORE M.B...THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING

true lexus

jcy, 11/29/2003

This is a real luxuary SUV. I just traded in my 2003 LX470 for 2004 model (you may wonder why?, can't come out with good reason but I like it's new navigation system and rear view camera)

A.L., 12/03/2003

Exceeded our expectations. Our 3rd Lexus we have owned.

Lexus Quality Again

Jerry053, 12/07/2003

I recently bought the Lexus LX 470 and WOW what a high quality, fun to drive, SUV. After driving all the competitor SUV'S in it's class. the Lexus stood out hands down. It is an extremely safe and well built SUV that holds its value over the years. It is absolutely loaded with standard equipment and very few options. The navigation system is redesigned for this year and works flawlessly. Extremely impressed with this vehicle and may just buy another one for my wife.

Nothing like it

Satan, 12/16/2003

A truly competent vehicle. Very agile compared to my 2000 Pathfinder despite the extra wt. Wouldn't mind some extra power. Impeccable reliability

Outstanding

Love my LX470, 12/30/2003

I have the 2004 LX470 and it is wonderful. The ride is so smooth I feel like I am driving in a car. It is by far the best of all SUVs on the market. Total luxury!

Lexus LX470

Ming-Chieh Lee, 01/23/2004

Excellent performance especially in the snow.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Bammhump, 02/25/2004

Great vechile. Drives beautifully. Will never buy any other brand SUV again. I will be a repeat customer for life and my family has tried them all We've owned jeeps, fords, gmcs, chevys, mercedes, bmws, vws, etc. Go lexus and never go back.

smooth ride

sadam quhshi, 04/18/2004

THE EXPERIENCE OF A LEXUS 470 2004 IS ABOUT LUXURY NOT POWER ,THERES NO BETTER RIDE THEN THE LEXUS 470

51050