Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus LS 460

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Great car, with small defects
By Astie

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third LS (previously had 1990 and 1998 models). I'm on the fence with this one. On the one hand I love the vehicle's safety features, the interior, the gadgets and the acceleration. On the other hand the vehicle came with several problems - wind noise, hesitation at start, wing mirrors that did not unfold when they should, and locks that did not automatically lock when they should. All these issues have been resolved, but they left me concerned. There's too much road noise - the tires need to be upgraded to Michelin SP2 or equivalent. The engine sounds a little rough when accelerating.

Sound system is awesome, lots of gadgets, bluetooth works well with phone.

The navigation system is disabled when the vehicle is moving - there should be an override if the passenger seat is occupied. There should be more ways to get music onto the built-in hard disk, such as from an iPod or Audio-DVD. engine sounds rough and intrusive compared to my 1998 LS.

Lexus loyalty saved me
By Cobber1

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

We are a Lexus family with currently an LX and a GS. We were ready to add a large sedan and spent an ample amount of time driving the BMW 745LI, Mercedes S550 and of course the LS 460L. Although the S550 is an extremely nice auto, I'm very pleased to have saved $15k-$20k and stayed with Lexus. This is by far the nicest automobile I have been in and is an absolute pleasure to drive. I thought the LX wouldn't never be replaced as my favorite auto, but neither it nor the GS has been out of the garage since the LS came home. Forget about the negative auto park reviews, that's not why you buy this Lexus.

Power, technology, ride, quality, features, friends love the back seat, 8 speed tranny, just about everything about it.

The passenger seat is just not as comfortable as the driver's. The bottom seat cushion should adjust to give more support under your legs, like the drivers seat. When you're tall, you notice things like this.

Just a bit better than outstanding!!
By J C Falter

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have never driven a nicer car in my life time. It is so perfect, I don't know how they can keep up with the production of such a fine automobile. Everything about the car is quality. I don't know what they could do to make it any better, that is why I say that it is a little bit better than outstanding.

Fun driving, quality, comfort.

None.

Cross country experience
By Tom N

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitor’s cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldn’t find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

Radar cruise, hard drive for music storage, terrific sound system, extremely quiet, cool box that works well, lots and lots of gadgets!

No lockout of the GPS and other on screen controls when driving. Better voice recognition. Better GPS detail coverage in rural areas.

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Masses of gizmos. That gearbox is quite something. It is surprising that with 8 speeds the fuel consumption is not even better (30 mpg highway), but it is of course a very heavy car. Nice and quiet ride.

It is difficult to improve upon perfection.