Used 2007 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus LS 460

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Cross country experience
By Tom N

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I drove my LS 460L on two long trips, one 1,200 miles, the other 4,300 miles. The car was flawless. Using radar cruise, MPG was as high as 30.1 and no lower than 26.7 in a very strong headwind. With a 22.2 gallon tank, the range is terrific and after driving long stretches there was very little driver fatigue. This is my fourth Lexus and the only car of the four that was perfect right off the lot. Having recently owned competitor’s cars, I think this is the very best value on the market today. I drove the LS 460L, Mercedes 550, and BMW 750 back to back. When driving each car I couldn’t find enough of a driver experiene difference so my decision came down to features and the Lexus won.

Radar cruise, hard drive for music storage, terrific sound system, extremely quiet, cool box that works well, lots and lots of gadgets!

No lockout of the GPS and other on screen controls when driving. Better voice recognition. Better GPS detail coverage in rural areas.

My latest LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien

2007 Lexus LS 460 L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Once again Lexus exceeds the offerings from German manufacturers. After the numerous problems I have had with German cars it is comforting to have a car which is so smooth, well built and reliable. It would have been nice if the exterior design was a little more exciting, but I suppose at this level, cars need to be more sophisticated than fashionable. I wish I had spent more time with the dealer at the time of purchase so he could talk me through the numerous features. He did offer to demonstrate everything but I thought I would work it all out myself - wrong! The instruction book is a little complicated to follow, with so many features and variations within the model range.

Masses of gizmos. That gearbox is quite something. It is surprising that with 8 speeds the fuel consumption is not even better (30 mpg highway), but it is of course a very heavy car. Nice and quiet ride.

It is difficult to improve upon perfection.

Lexus LS4 60 after a month of ownership
By alex k

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I guess it is needless to mention all the technological marvels that have been included in this vehicle. The 380 HP power plant paired with an 8 speed automatic transmission deliver the most pleasant, luxury ride. The car comes pre-packaged in 4-5 trims. Unfortunately I could not get a laser-guided cruise control with pre-collision system, since it is only offered on the top of the line LS460 L. I could not buy the longer version due to length limitation of my garage, and the above feature is not normally installed on lower end models. Of course one could configure any combination of features, but that is subject for a long wait, since vehicle has to be special ordered in this case.

Smart key entry system, blue tooth, 6 DVD changer with hard drive (you can record your favorite CD on hard drive). Ventilated seats.

The navigation system disables any manual input once the car is moving. The speech recognition does not always recognize my voice. The system could enable manual entry if there is a passenger in the passenger seat. One has to stop on the expressway to make route adjustments. I absolutely hate this!

Wind Noise Problem
By Leza2279

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

The LS4 60 has a manufacturing defect that allows a very noticeable wind noise that emanates from the driver's side window. Lexus states that there is no fix. New buyers should carefully evaluate whether they want to spend $70,000+ for a car with noticeable and annoying wind noise.

Comfortable ride.

Fix the wind noise and get rid of the automatic parking.

Wind noise from driver's outside mirror
By Bill

2007 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Coming from a BMW and I liked the styling and competitive pricing in this LS 460 luxury auto. After two visits to the dealership, they have no answer for the very annoying whistling coming from the driver's side rear view mirror when reaching speeds over 40 mph. Had to do my own detective work - seemed to be coming from the driver's window, but after some painstaking effort on my part, I narrowed it down to the mirror housing. Have to turn up the radio to drown out the intolerable whistling noise. Only time it stops is when it rains. Only disappointing problem. Other than that, a great luxury car that gets constant compliments from admirers.

Mark Levinson audio is superb. Style is much better than older models. Car is fast and gets great gas mileage for heavy vehicle.

FIX the wind noise!! This is intolerable for a "Flagship" car for Lexus.