2018 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

Never Again
By David Borden

2018 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for my wife after having an excellent experience with a Toyota Tundra. I was looking for reliability and she wanted luxury, both fell short. I’ll touch on the main issue first, reliability. The vehicle is not by any means cheap and with the Toyota/Lexus reputation I expected superior reliability. Early on, we had a check engine light that turned out to be an emissions pump that failed; this is a recall on other vehicles, but not the GX. I don’t remember the exact cost, but it was around $3k, which Lexus did not cover any of that expense. Recently, the radiator went out, which was another $1k (this is sort of a wear and tear issue so I’m not really complaining about it, just mentioning). And finally the issue that ruined it for me, our transmission failed which is a $7k fix. This is considered a luxury vehicle, but compared to competitors it is about 10 years behind the times. The quality of the interior is good, but the dash has not been updated in forever and is honestly less desiarable than any new pickup truck. I will say the LX has been updated, so I would imagine the GX should get a facelift soon.

2018 GX-460
By Bob

2018 Lexus GX 460 Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Good realiable SUV. It's not as fancy as other SUV'S but, it's a tank in disguise.

Love My Lexus
By Cynthia

2018 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I Bought a New Lexus after owning a Black 2012 Gx460 . I loved my 2012 so I just bought the same Veh. in White. Couldn't be happier with it.

Great ride! Smooth as silk!
By Auzziegirl

2018 Lexus GX 460 Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It’s a Lexus, you really can’t go wrong. Customer Service is always A1. This is our third!

Great Ride
By Tom

2018 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Was looking for a truck platform that rides smooth. This 460 is that. I had a 2016 MDX and hated it.