Used 1998 Land Rover Discovery LSE 4dr SUV AWD Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Louise the Land Rover

Lar Dog, 03/26/2002
LSE 4dr SUV AWD

If I were to build an on/off road auto this Discovery is very close to perfection. A little tight in the way back for shopping, but us "all consuming Americans", buy way too much crap any way. Ha ! It pulls its weight well up dirt track hills, nicely appointed inside, easy to work on in the field, and really hard to roll over. But you can lift a front wheel every now and again. This LSE makes my old 4 Runner, Tahoe,& various Jeep products that I have owned seem like second class citizens.

PLEASE DONT BUY THIS CAR

DONT BUY IT , 01/16/2003
LSE 4dr SUV AWD

Bought a 98 LSE with 37K only had it for 2 months, and we have been lied to at dealership about fake problems did spend 2500.00 so far on an intake manifold, busted water pump, constant check engine light on due to a broken oxygen sensor. Tons of Leaks that they fill with CORK!(a 1960's fix), driving nut was out (makes the car incredibly dangerous to drive) and Land Rover dealership didnt tell us after we paid $750 for the 30k tune up. Trying to sell it and ealers will not take it because they fall apart. Have lost 5 grand for a peice of junk car, but gosh it sure is pretty. Please dont make the same mistake.

problem vehicle

bob9992, 10/10/2002
LSE 4dr SUV AWD

problems with oil leaks. problems with exaust manifolds cracking. problems continue to arise all the time. Squeeking breaks. last discovery I plan to own!

Best SUV I Have Ever Owned

Arnold, 08/06/2003
LSE 4dr SUV AWD

We love the way it drives particularly in wet weather. Our LSE is a British Racing Green which I wish Land Rover would bring back. We have had only a few minor repairs like all cars. I feel I can go any where in any conditions with confidence.

Cult-status Car, but not for the wary

jraescar, 08/28/2003
LSE 4dr SUV AWD

Overall, we LOVE the design and PERSONALITY of this vehicle -- and the cult drivers we've met. Unfortunately, I wish I felt safer in the rain and going around turns -- the performance here is dismal. Acceleration on the highway is embarassing... and of course, it absolutely needs to have better fuel economy. Definitely buy Series II instead of I... if you go used, which I did.