2021 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

2021 Sorento X line serious problems

JP, 05/25/2021
SX Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I only have 2200 miles and my blind spot monitoring system went out and 3 days or so later the transmission failed...wouldn't switch to second gear without redlining. Engine light and service message came on and now it's been sitting in the Kia dealership lot for weeks because they are so backed up...stay far away from the 2021 Sorento.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

2021 Sorento Issues

Walker C , 05/05/2021
SX Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I got my wife a brand new Sorento X-Line Prestige and in less than 2 months the entire transmission needed to be swapped. Now having issues with electronic system and stuck gears. Stay away this car is a lemon.

2021 Kia Sorento is Nice, BUT a sour Lemon

John L. Kearney III, 06/25/2021
SX Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I traded my 2019 Kia Optima Sport in for a 2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line Prestige AWD on 1/1/2021. 2 weeks ago tomorrow will make 2 weeks that my truck is in the shop. Walked outside one morning on my way to work. Started my truck up like normal and put it in drive. It wouldn't move. Put it in reverse. It wouldn't move. After about 15 minutes, it started driving. I work out of town and depend on my vehicle. Took it to the shop, they dropped me off at work. They wouldn't even give me a loaner because they said they were out of then. I reserved a rental. Long story short, I ended up having to purchase a second vehicle because it didn't make sense to continue to pay put of pocket for a rental. But 13 days later, they say they need to replace a pump and if that doesn't work, then they will replace my transmission. On a 2021 Nice SUV that WASN'T CHEAP!??? Make it make sense! I loved Kia and I still think they're nice vehicles, but this will be my LAST Kia I purchase. The new Sorento's are nice, but please wait a few years before you buy this vehicle. From reading other reviews as of today, this body style has too many transmission issues.

1 out of 5 stars

My Kia Sorento S is a LEMON!!

Walterst, 07/12/2021
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Long story short…..DON’T BUY A KIA!!! I bought my brand new 2021 Kia Sorento S on May 1st. Not even a week after buying it, the brakes have been non stop squealing every time I brake. I took it in to have them look at it, the tech said he found nothing wrong with it, didn’t hear anything and lubed the brakes and they sent me on my way. Didn’t even get down the road and heard the same squealing as soon as I left the lot. I immediately called them back and was scheduled another week out. A different tech looked at it and said that my car had 2 defective leaking front brake calipers (on a brand new car). They scheduled to have it serviced and they were both supposedly “replaced” only to drive it the next day to hear squealing once again. I called to let them know about the issue and they couldn’t even get me in for another 2 weeks just to look at it again…..I brought it in, they now say the back brakes are overheating for some reason and they don’t know why. So they said they were going to replace the brake pads and rotors. Well, this morning I go to start my car up with push to start, it acted like it didn’t want to start and hesitated….I think to myself “maybe that was just a one time thing”. Well as I drop my son off at daycare and begin my drive to work through Delaware, I notice the transmission is not wanting to shift and will not go into 3rd gear. If it does, it will jerk really hard and then rev up again. I get further down the road and it is very slow to accelerate and will not let me go past 40mph. You better believe after all the issues with the brakes I DROVE THAT CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP AND TOLD THEM TO KEEP IT! I already have a case open with Kia consumer affairs and I’m in the process of requesting a buyback. As a mother and work a full time job I do not have the time to keep bringing a new car in to be serviced every week! When you buy a new car, you expect to not have these very issues! I have tried to be very patient and understanding but at this point I am just frustrated!!! Will never buy another Kia.

3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Second Sorrento and we love it

Graeme Robinson, 12/20/2020
SX Prestige X-Line 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

Love our new 2021 Sorrento - the interior in our top spec model puts the competition - and many so called prestige brands - to shame. The 2.5 turbo 4 is way punchier than the V6 in the prior model and the DCT transmission shifts almost imperceptibly - I’ve not experienced any of the low speed lurching reported by some reviewers. My wife loves the size of the Sorrento and for our family of four, it’s near perfectly proportioned - we only occasionally use the third row seats, but they are handy when we do need them and roomy enough for kids and smaller adults. The second row captains chairs makes access easier than the prior model too. Only a couple of criticisms: the ride is better than the prior model, but probably still not class leading for comfort - some might find it too firm. Also, Kia made some strange equipment omissions on US cars - even on this top of the line model - most notably no memory seats and no heated rear seats.

12345...7