2017 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

We feel like we bought a luxury vehicle
By Andy

2017 Kia Sorento Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first vehicle we've owned with all these new safety features. While it takes some getting used to, it's a super nice vehicle, and I don't think we'd ever need to pay more for what's considered a luxury vehicle. We already have it!

Love my Sorento "BUT"
By William Chelius

2017 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car but the drivers seat is very uncomfortable. The seat has very hard supports on the bottom cushion and I need to put a pillow down or my back started giving me pain. This seat is design for small people and I am a big guy 6 foot and 250 lbs. It is so bad that I avoid driving this car and may trade it in.

Great suv, minor complaints. 2017 ex awd v6
By Kyles Kia.

2017 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great midsize SUV. I traded a 2014 ford explorer and this is way better by far, at least it's not trying to kill me with exhaust fumes. My only complaint or couple of complaints is the interior lighting when the doors open is almost worthless for me. When I open the doors I want to see the interior lit up not just dimly lit up. The other complaint maybe a petty complaints But when the wipers come on you do not have the option of a courtesy wipe, I having to hit the wipers a couple of more times manually I know a petty complaint. What I love about this SUV with the V-6 is great acceleration 5000 pounds of towing capacity and I tow a 3000 pound boat with very little drama. I would buy another one tomorrow if I needed to. Five members of my family have switched from Ford or Chevy to Kia they are that good

Inferior Interior Materials (Dash, Doors)...
By Ttahoe

2017 Kia Sorento L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 2017 Sorento L has a very nice, comfortable ride. That said....I would not recommend this vehicle soley based on the inside interior materials used. While at my local Kia dealership today, I brought to their attention that the interior materials used, scratch and produce white scuff marks all over the doors, dashboard, around knobs etc. With the slightest touch, it scratches and makes unsightly white scuff marks/scratches. When I spoke with Kia, they stated the materials used, are "MADE TO DO THIS" (Kia's exact words) !! A $40,000+ vehicle, and you intentionally produce materials that are "made to do this" (scratch and produce white smudges and scratches?). Kia suggested I purchase Meguiere's wipes and use that to clean the scuff marks and scratches. That is their suggestion to an inferior material? Kia also suggested that I go to the sales floor and find a salesman and "TRADE" in my car for another one! I am disgusted with Kia's lack of customer service and or remedy for this issue. This is my first, and my last, Kia purchase. Terrible Customer Service!

Love the pfeformance -Hate the headlights
By Mark W

2017 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Car has good performance. Interior is comfortable. Only problem have with the car is the headlights. They throw a shadow about half way down and all the way across the windshield. The lights look like somebody drew a line across in front of you and it is difficult to seen what is ahead of you. Very poor design and is A SAFEY CONCERN. I travel several times a year at night to northern Arizona and with a limited view I really do not want an elk or deer to run out in front of me. I took this problem to a Kia dealer, they tried to adjust the lights , but it did not help much. If anyone else has this problem contact your dealer and maybe with your help Kia will look into this problem