Used 2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

It started out great, but........
By Laquanta Tubbs

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Its a really nice car on the outside, and it ran really well, but not the even a year after buying the car, the interior starting becoming extremely prone to getting dirty very quick and not so easy to clean up....couple years pass and the radio/cd player, Bluetooth all just stop working one day and I've gone the last couple years without the pleasure of even having a radio, my back up cam glitches and sometimes just freezes for hours.....i could be 200 miles from home and my camera shows me still backing out of my yard....(Really weird)...and theres this crazy irritating vibration sound (feel like its gonna blow an eardrum) the windows make on the 2nd row when only 2 windows are down, so i have to wind down all 4 Windows EVENLY to avoid hearing/feeling that awkward vibrating noise. After 5 years, my motor and a few other mechanical issues starting going out on the car, as just as I was trying to figure out WHY!!!, there was a recall it and it eventually got repaired for FREE! So no out of pocket costs other than being stranded for almost a month....and having to pay other people to get my kids to their doctors visits, school, go grocery shopping, etc. IF i had to do this again, id choose better interior options and it would NOT be a KIA SORENTO!

Great value, but stiff ride
By Nick F.

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 3rd 2012-2013 Sorento LX that I've driven with some regularity. We also have had two made in 2016. The Sorentos have been a great value with no major maintenance issues and offer lots of room and conversion options in the first two rows. Unfortunately, the ride- until the 2016 production- has always been stiff. We just put some new, better quality tires on it with hope that it would cushion the ride. Not so much. If you run over a quarter, you can almost tell what year it was minted. I would also recommend opting for a V6 if you ever want to pull into traffic before completing a prayer. Despite this, the Sorento LX is a lot of SUV (especially with a third row seat and V6 option) for those on a budget.

Great performance
By Mike

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We chose the 3.5L engine because the 4 cy was a little lazy, not much difference for mileage. We do mostly in city driving, avg has been 19.2 MPG. The 3.5 engine is noisy but has a lot of power, instant response, smooth riding and quiet once we changed out the oem tires. We special ordered the Sorento EX V6 WITHOUT the 3rd seat option. It is very small and just thought we would do without it. We bought in in 2012 even though it was a 2013. Fit and finish is holding up, no oil consumption, transmission shifts effortlessly.

Will never own another Kia
By Christina

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Kia does not stand behind it's product. My mothers 2013 Sorento had engine failure at 80,000 miles. The car was regularly serviced and she only drove it to work and back. Kia says that even though they have a 100,000 mile warrenty they can not honer that because she bought the car used 3 years ago. Kia has tons of lawsuits against them right now for this reason. Please research before buying.

NOT A RELIABLE CAR - BUYER BEWARE
By Nicki

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car second hand from a dealer that my husband and I have purchased other cars from. I was very excited with my purchase because I spent time reading online reviews of owners which overall were pretty much positive. I bought the car in early 2015 and it was a 2013 model with 45,000 miles. I drove the car for almost 3 years with no issues. At about 70,000 miles the car starting to give me problems. And by problems I mean major costly issues. Within 8 months I had to have the AC Compressor replaced, engine oil pan replaced, rear back-up camera replaced, and then finally when the engine died I called it quits and traded in the car. The reason for the engine failure was because the oil sensor failed and the car was sending oil into the engine. The car did not drive any differently nor was there any alert on the dash board! I just happened to take the car in for an oil change and the dealer said they couldn't return the car to me and explained what was wrong. After about 3 days of fighting with the warranty company to cover the cost of replacing the engine I had my car towed to another dealership and traded it in. I was disgusted that a warranty company would not cover what was clearly a glitch with the car. They do not have to worry about me ever purchasing a Kia.