Used 2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

2013 Kia Sorento 6V, automatic 3 year review.
By SFM

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got this SUV used with 28 thou miles. The V-6 is great. For any larger vehicles a V6 is needed. Acceleration and passing is no problem. The electronics are great. I don't use the cellular phone connection , but it's there to be used. The radio is good with very good speakers. I never use the third row seats, but they would only be good for small children. The GPS is good to have and I use it a lot. It's not as good as it should be. The upgrade is too expensive. I only use OEM oil filters and Mobil 1 oil. I rotate the tires once a year when the oil is changed. I drive less than 6000 miles a year . The backup camera is good to have, but it gets fogged up in bad weather. I don't use the heated or air conditioned seats. Dont like the idea of having hot wires under my rear. This SUV has a lot of road noise on the highways. Worst of all is the very hard ride. I replaced the tires, but that didn't help much. Over all I like the SUV and it's very pretty in the Silver color.

Over $1000.00 to finally get gas again
By Sstewart

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used from an Atlanta dealer. After driving it a year I was unable to pump gas in the tank. My local mechanic said it had to be repaired at the dealer. The car had to be towed as it was almost empty after driving to pump after pump, hoping it was an error w thee pump. The dealer charged me almost $1100.00 to repair it. I’ll never buy another Kia.

It started out great, but........
By Laquanta Tubbs

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Its a really nice car on the outside, and it ran really well, but not the even a year after buying the car, the interior starting becoming extremely prone to getting dirty very quick and not so easy to clean up....couple years pass and the radio/cd player, Bluetooth all just stop working one day and I've gone the last couple years without the pleasure of even having a radio, my back up cam glitches and sometimes just freezes for hours.....i could be 200 miles from home and my camera shows me still backing out of my yard....(Really weird)...and theres this crazy irritating vibration sound (feel like its gonna blow an eardrum) the windows make on the 2nd row when only 2 windows are down, so i have to wind down all 4 Windows EVENLY to avoid hearing/feeling that awkward vibrating noise. After 5 years, my motor and a few other mechanical issues starting going out on the car, as just as I was trying to figure out WHY!!!, there was a recall it and it eventually got repaired for FREE! So no out of pocket costs other than being stranded for almost a month....and having to pay other people to get my kids to their doctors visits, school, go grocery shopping, etc. IF i had to do this again, id choose better interior options and it would NOT be a KIA SORENTO!

Great value, but stiff ride
By Nick F.

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the 3rd 2012-2013 Sorento LX that I've driven with some regularity. We also have had two made in 2016. The Sorentos have been a great value with no major maintenance issues and offer lots of room and conversion options in the first two rows. Unfortunately, the ride- until the 2016 production- has always been stiff. We just put some new, better quality tires on it with hope that it would cushion the ride. Not so much. If you run over a quarter, you can almost tell what year it was minted. I would also recommend opting for a V6 if you ever want to pull into traffic before completing a prayer. Despite this, the Sorento LX is a lot of SUV (especially with a third row seat and V6 option) for those on a budget.

Great performance
By Mike

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We chose the 3.5L engine because the 4 cy was a little lazy, not much difference for mileage. We do mostly in city driving, avg has been 19.2 MPG. The 3.5 engine is noisy but has a lot of power, instant response, smooth riding and quiet once we changed out the oem tires. We special ordered the Sorento EX V6 WITHOUT the 3rd seat option. It is very small and just thought we would do without it. We bought in in 2012 even though it was a 2013. Fit and finish is holding up, no oil consumption, transmission shifts effortlessly.