Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Sedona for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
    5 out of 5 stars

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!

MisterM, 10/09/2019
    2020 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

I have driven and own mostly Honda and Toyota vehicles. Just sold my 2015 Subaru Forester because it has a really weak four cylinder engine and burned a lot of oil so I was very disappointed. I started looking for a new vehicle so I test drove a LOT of cars and mini vans out there from Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, Hyundai, Subaru Ascent and others, you name it. I made a really bad mistake in paying such high price for the new Forester back in 2015 so this time I truly did my homework on the internet and during the actual test drives. To make it really short, I ended up buying a brand new Kia Sedona EX. The Kia dealer actually agreed to my terms and was able to give me the monthly payments no one else was willing to give me. Yeah, Kia you rock!!! I got an amazing deal and I was actually in shock when the sales manager agreed to the monthly payment that I was able to afford. I was really in shock to know that I would be taking home a brand new car WITH interior leather. Truly amazing. I am really impressed, for lack of a better word, at how high quality made is this Sedona. Everything inside and outside the Sedona looks really high quality, the plastics and the windows are really impressive and I feel like I'm driving in a Mercedes Benz, no seriously I'm not joking. I was also this close in buying a pre owned Hyundai Genesis G80 3.8 but in the end I am more than happy with the Sedona and I know I made the right choice this time.

5 out of 5 stars

This really is not necessary

Karen L, 01/12/2020
    2020 Kia Sedona L 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

Similar to my beloved Chevy 2007 Uplander but bigger on outside much smaller inside but had to chose new vehicle after 13 years. Seats easy for me to change one hand out of the way.Not sure what model Sedona I have LX L ???? Where do you find that out? Took chance might be just the L 4 dr

Great value

chevy, 09/03/2020
    updated 03/07/2022
    2020 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

After testing several 3 row suvs and other minivans, we chose the sedona. This replaced an old honda odyssey... Pros: quiet, comfortable ride, good acceleration and braking, good crash test scores, nicely finished interior, 2nd row seat sllde and stow feature, long warranty, much more space than the suvs we tested...Cons: a bit less space than the toyota sienna and honda odyssey, 2nd row seats are not removeable, higher depreciation than toyota or honda..however, we plan on keeping for a very long time so depreciation rate is not a big factor..avanced safety features require buying a higher trim model or option package...I know a lot of people frown on minivan ownership but they really are hard to beat for overall comfort and utility...this van is worth a look if you're in the market for a minivan or suv...

3 out of 5 stars

Almost got it right

David M., 02/11/2021
    2020 Kia Sedona EX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

We bought a 2020 model in March of 2020 and have driven it 2800 miles so far, mostly in town with one road trip across the state. Being used to Toyotas and Hondas, I have a fairly high standard but cost was an important factor. This Sedona EX model was about $6000 cheaper than the comparable other brands, a good start. We even liked its appearance and design better, a bonus. Overall it has been fine with no service issues yet, but it just does not have the quality feel that the Toyotas and Hondas tend to have. Our biggest issue is with the engine/transmission that when cold, surges and hesitates. I would swear we were driving a 40 year old carbureted van the way it was missing and the transmission had to keep downshifting to have any power. Driving it smoothly is almost impossible. The transmission, even when warm, never seems to be in the right gear and is constantly upshifting with most any press of the throttle. Having 9 gears seems silly when a properly calibrated 5 speed would be much smoother and simpler. We have tried using the sport setting and it makes little difference. Gas mileage is ok, around 20 in town and 25 on the highway and it is able to cruise effortlessly at 75MPH with little cabin noise. Steering is a bit vague with lots of roll and swaying, but it is a van after all. The seats are very comfortable and the radio is a little complicated but works well once you learn how to use it. Brakes work well although the almost thumping sound of the ABS when it engages is a bit disconcerting. Having the cold down seats in the back is great and gives lots of flexibility. The kids love to drive in it with the bucket seats in the 2nd row. It would have been nice to include USB or even a cigarette lighter outlet for the 2nd or 3rd rows, but oh well. In conclusion, it is a very serviceable van that does its job, just with a few rough edges. Maybe the new model will be better with the larger engine.

3 out of 5 stars