Skip to main content

5 out of 5 stars

Update on Infinity Sound quality

fixer199, 01/31/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I posted in early January about the center dash speakers overpowering the rest. Turns out it was a bad amplifier. Got it replaced today under warranty. Now the Infinity system sounds like something Harmon Kardon can be proud of! We now have 1600 miles on the car and like it more all the time. That amplifier is the only defect we've found. We carefully log our gas use & got 25.06 mpg for the first 1,066 miles of 100% city driving. Only one trip out of town & got 31.9 mpg with lots of hills and slow downs for small towns.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Fine car with a couple of odd quirks

scrapalara, 02/24/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

600 miles into my 2012 Optima EX w/premium pkg (pano roof, UVO stereo), no NAV. First, I've read several reviews that say they upgraded to the tech pkg to get the backup camera. With the EX premium pkg, the backup camera was included. Car is quiet and responsive. I have a 60-mile daily commute (one way) and running about 69-70 with the cruise am getting about 32 mpg. Expect this to improve as the car breaks in and the weather warms. A head-turner! Trading up from a loaded '05 Sebring convertible, so, to me, road noise is quiet! Handled 8" of Illinois snow with ease and stability. Very pleased so far!

5 out of 5 stars

Honda, Toyota, and Nissan-----LOOK OUT!!!

mojonphx, 02/01/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is amazing, after dismal repairs on my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L, I gave in on my frustrations and traded in the car for a brand new 2012 Kia Optima EX with Tech and Prem packages. The car is so much nicer than the Accord and a pleasure to drive. I have already put 3k miles on the car in one month because it is so addicting to drive and it turns heads wherever I go and people always ask "That's a KIA?" I highly recommend it and don't pass it by because it is a KIA, the brand has made drastic changes and it definitely shows. My Honda Accord was my third and last Honda and I will not be going back.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Love the car - hate the Infinity NAV

fixer199, 01/07/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a new EX with Premium & Tech packages last week. More we drive it, the more we like it -- except for the Infinity audio/NAV. The center channel dash speakers overpower all the others. it's almost like driving a car from the 50's with one dash speaker. I thought I didn't have it adjusted right, but you can't adjust it away and the Kia forums have lots of the same complaint from other owners. You also give up HD radio when you 'upgrade' to the $1400 Tech Package. Don't do it unless you MUST have the backup camera! Harmon Kardon make this system and they should be ashamed! We would buy the car again -- but without the Tech Package.

4.38 out of 5 stars

No Spare Tire!!

alanbala, 06/27/2012
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I had to purchase a new car, after our less than two year old car was totaled. After ruling out several cars, we decided we really liked the 2013 Kia Optima EX with the Premium Package. We got a really good price considering it is a 2013 model, and as we were settling on the sale, we discovered the car comes with NO SPARE TIRE!!. Instead, you get some kind of hinky tire inflation kit good for one use. We bought the car anyway. Now we have to go out and buy a space saver spare, a jack and a lug wrench. The jack and lug wrench are easy to find. Not so the spare. Chevy started this stupid trend. it's a shame all the other manufacturers are following suit.

12345...8