Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Forte for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best car I've ever owned!

Lou, 10/14/2015
updated 05/02/2022
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Forte brand new. It's still going at 217k miles. I had to replace the pulleys which were loud and going bad at about 120k. I also replaced the steering bar and bushings because they had worn out. Other than that, this car has given me absolutely no problems. I have maintained it and its runs great and looks good. I plan on driving this car until the wheels fall off. So far it looks like that's going to be for a really long time. Love this car!

4 out of 5 stars

Great car for the money!

Dave, 10/14/2015
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had no major complaints about this car. Nothing outstanding, but it is a high quality, problem free compact car. The engine is peppy and acceleration is surprising for this car. The only issue I have is the remote start feature. It doesn't function properly all of the time. I haven't taken it in for that problem since it is out of warranty and I don't use the feature often. The dashboard and controls are very simple and easy to use. There are no annoying design features.

Perfect little car!

mai_sai, 12/17/2014
updated 12/27/2017
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Don't let the price tag fool you, this car is well built. It doesn't give that cheap feel you'd expect from a lower budget vehicle. The interior is very comfortable for my petite frame, I don't have trouble seeing the road or maneuvering. My larger passengers seem quite comfortable as well. Has a peppy engine and tight suspension, shifts smoothly, very quiet, brakes effortlessly.. This car does well on winding roads. The feel of the car when driving it is very similar to the '11 Ford Focus. My Forte has high mileage (70,000 miles) & hasn't had a single problem, runs great, & is very dependable which is great since the Focus started having problems at 21,000 miles. Update: car now has 115,000 miles and still runs great! It’s only needed regular scheduled maintenance and new shocks, that’s it! Car still runs and drives flawlessly!

COMPAC-MEDIATE

Curt Utton, 04/05/2016
updated 04/15/2020
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Size of car implies a compac, yet overall handling & performance feels closer to an intermediate-size vehicle. Happy with overall handling on VT roads. Vehicle is light so during high wind conditions vehicle gets pushed around. Engine & transmission performance very good. Higher speeds on interstates /thruways car felt very controlled & gas comsumption/mpg is surprisingly very good. Lent car to visiting family members and all were impressed with this Forte. Traded car in 2016. Now own Lexus. 450h.

2 out of 5 stars

Just as I spoke highly of this.....

Ms. CC, 01/14/2020
2012 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Well I bought the Kia Forte used, about 4 years ago, just needed as gas saver at the time as my Ford Expedition was such a guzzler. I haven’t had any real issues, until now at 180,000 miles I need a new oil pump and the mechanic said he found copper shavings in my oil so that tells me it’s more than likely the engine giving out, NOT to mention the horrible knocking noise prior to me taking to the mechanic which led to the current diagnosis. Other than replacing wheel bearings I just was saying to myself how well the car has been. Then this happens....such a bummer too since my 2001 expedition has well over 200,000 miles on it and still runs to this day! I’m now disappointed, I was expecting the kia to last a little while longer.

3 out of 5 stars