Skip to main content

4.4 out of 5 stars
70 reviews
1...

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 Wrangler, so we've included reviews for other years of the Wrangler since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Don’t get the 2021 Wrangler!

Heather, 12/19/2022
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport RHD 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just don’t!! Custom built Wrangler Sport 2.0 Turbo in 2021. Less than 9 months and 13,500k miles in experienced shaking, loss of acceleration, and overheating. Towed and was diagnosed as engine failure. Almost 7 weeks with a loaner. Get it back from dealer and 2 months in at about 15k, loss of acceleration and shuts down. Told needs new transmission. Reach out finally to Jeep wave where I’m informed the engine was never actually replaced, only part replacements. This is NOT the experience I was looking for when I purchased a brand new Jeep. Absolute nightmare.

2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude with under 4K mi

Allan H, 05/24/2021
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this Jeep 12/31/2020 have less than 4000 miles since new. approx 5 weeks ago, the one touch Sky top would not close (3rd time to use) Took the unit in for repair it has now been in service for 5 weeks, still not fixed. I escalated to customer care 4 weeks ago. Last week I requested the unit be re-purchased as a lemon, since I no longer have any faith in the Jeep nor the ability for Chrysler to fix issues that may arise.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4X4

Michael T, 01/12/2021
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my dream vehicle and a retirement gift to myself. I'm 6'02" and I have plenty of room for my legs and knees. It has plenty of options to upgrade and the best part of this vehicle is the engine; 2.0L I4 DOHC Turbo Engine with Start Stop - this feature can be manually shut off if you don't care for it. Unless you're going to be hauling a very heavy load or doing serious off-roading, you should buy the 6 cylinder engine. The engine's HP/Torque ratio compared to the 6 cylinders are very close. I purchased this Jeep without any running boards b/c I can save a few bucks by purchasing an after-market kit. It comes with a Jeep toolkit, extra wheel locks, and a rear backup camera cover in order to protect it while you're driving off-road in gravel from any debris that may damage the lens. It has plenty of power and the all-wheel disc brakes work fantastic. I will have this vehicle for the rest of my life...

Doesn't Drive Straight

Disappointed Customer, 08/26/2021
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

It was a fun vehicle to drive, until it wasn't. I have owned 2 prior 2 door Wranglers previously. Purchased this one to order, and I received it in September 2020. Now only has 5k miles. It has not been driven off road, just on normal roads. Now all of a sudden, it needs constant correction, to drive STRAIGHT! Yes it was taken to the dealer twice, and the alignment checked, and other tweaks done, to which they didn't believe they fixed the problem. So we brought in Jeep Cares, the hope that they would care about their actual Customer. Especially a customer who has owned multiple Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler products over the years! So far we are back at the same dealer, who doesn't know what to do with it. Or knows exactly what is wrong, and it has sat on the lot for a week. So we talked to our Jeep Cares Rep, who called the dealer, whose response was to drive it to the other side of the parking lot to sit. So far our confidence has dropped in Jeep. If you want a Wrangler maybe you will get lucky, if you end up with one with a problem good luck!

1 out of 5 stars

Worst Piece of Sh*t Ever!! Zero Stars!!!

Natalie , 01/14/2023
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am beyond upset! The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited has been on of me dream cars. So finally the High Altitude came out with Sky Touch. I said that’s it I’m buying one! 14,000 miles later, I hear a clicking noise every time I turned. My ball joints were torqued wrong. 56 compared to 70. Told everything is fine and good. 3 weeks later I have a severe death wobble on the highway. Luckily I was not hit by anyone. I finally came to a complete stop. The dealership told me the steering damper needed to be replaced. Yeah ok quick fix but under warranty ok. 1 week later squeaking on right front, now my right shock is bent from the death wobble. Another week later hear grinding, now my rotors need to be replaced. Another week later, there is squeaking in the back while tires are rotating. Well finally a few employees gave me the truth. Since 2020 Chrysler has been pushing vehicle out as fast a possible. Jeeps have become prettier with better features, but take the body off they are [non-permissible content removed] underneath. The cheapest parts you can find on a vehicle. It’s sad because they will ruin there reputation because of the [non-permissible content removed] production. I am still waiting for my vehicle back.

1...