Used 2013 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Failed Transmission in only 5 years
By Dissapointed Jeep Owner

2013 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission failed in only 5 years. The warranty had expired five months prior to the transmission failing and Jeep/Chrysler would not extend a goodwill warranty.

Worst vehicle ever!
By Cari

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Transmission will go out on you! & they will replace it with the same model & the same thing will happen. Brand new transmission as of yesterday & it still skips & studders when accelerating. Don't buy this vehicle.

Disappointed in east Tn
By Dstout

2013 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Too many suspension parts becoming rusty or corrosive and having to replace such as wheel barrings for one example and now the axle and surrounding components are worn and corrosive looking. There's a squeaky noise in the rear and hoping it doesn't fall apart with me. I've bought this car new and haven't been driving it 5 years yet. I would never buy another one...EVER!! Its JUNK!!

Annoying little issues...
By Celso Dela Cruz

2013 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 13 Patriot 2.4 sport 4x4 5m/t in February of 2013 it has been a love-hate relationship with the vehicle. This being my third ever car and coming from Toyotas, 91 Mr2 and '04 matrix xrs, I see and feel the lack of quality of this Chrysler Product. I have put 26,000 MI on this.
First, alignment has been off since day one. After the first winter, i noticed rust on the door hinges, all of them. It causes the doors to kind of catch, or creak, like 90's and early millenial GMs. At the same time it developed a nice squeak or creek sound in the rear suspension when going over the tiniest bumps. It first wasn't very noticeable but now is quite audible. Just rock the car when it's parked. It currently is at the dealer for rhis problem and has been there all weekend. I hope they can fix it.
After after winter 2013 I noticed a lot of water pooled behind the driver seat. Took into the dealer. Turns out the windshield cowl got blocked up and water started entering through the flooboard. 1st gear has popped out on me a few times. Reverse has done it too, I understand it's not synchronized, but still annoying. What else? The tires wail and scream when turning small radii in parking lots at very low speeds. Cruise control is pointless, as 5th gear has no torque below 2700rpm so if you want to cruise anywhere above 70 you need to be wasting gas in 4th to still be able to use the cruise buttons for acceleration. The painted steelies are rusting and it hasn't been three years. The things I actually like are that it's manual and 4x4. It returns decent mpgs, no different from my previous car. Acceleration is adequate in city only. I am happy with the fact that it is very basic, power windows doors, a/c. Single disc basic stereo, creature comforts, that's it.
All in all, I have more hate than love for this jeep, and if it weren't for the fact that it's paid off and I enjoy no car note.
Whether I will keep this long term or not depends on how this suspension creak pans out. Otherwise I will just get my money's worth out of it and move on before it will need new tires...

Some like Jeeps...
By aerospike

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

and some don't.
Reading the reviews mad me think that if I bought this vehicle, the universe would collapse!

Then I took a ride in one. The extremely dark-green that it looks black finish is gorgeous, the seams are all tight, build quality is very good.

Comfort is no lexus quality, but then again, it if fine for a small SUV.

Value? No contest. It's a Jeep.

This thing is also a blast to drive. I'll note that a lot of reviewers mus not know how to use a CVT transmission. I've had two of these transmissions now, and so far, my Patriot is getting almost 30 mpg on the highway. We should Learn to use the CVT before declaring it junk.

I'll keep returning to the fun factor every time! Here's a list in no particular order: This has a good radio. I can pick up stations I can't in my other vehicles. Gas mileage. If the reviewer was getting bad gas milage, he might have had a Patriot with a problem, or maybe was not used to a CVT. Size. I like the small. Looks - This is no fancy beauty queen, but it has a charm to it that adds to it's fun factor. The grill and single big headlights are a cool look.

I've only had mine a few weeks, and most of th ethings I would suggest would come at the expense of the other features. More transport room would be nice, but not at the expense of size and weight. Perhaps some extra insulation to cut down on road noise would be a nice addition that wouldn't be at the expense of the features I like.