2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Replaced a Cadillac XTS
By Joseph Curtin

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good value. All practical options and easy to use

Great SUV for the money
By Bruce

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought the 2018 altitude package in 4x4. Like the look and features without being over the top (wish it had the panoramic sunroof and hitch). Wife drives it around town with the kids and lives it. I drive it on nights, weekends, and trips when we all are together. Tech is great and convenient and the ride is smooth as butter. Cant wait to take it in the snow. Transmission seems a little jerky at low speeds and the auto off feature is annoying. Thankfully it can be turned off. Unfortunately it defaults to on at start up. Storage is great and pickup is pretty snappy. Sound system is amazing. Uconnect is easy but has some gimmicky features. Gas mileage is so-so. Unsure if my system is not calibrated properly yet because I have so few miles but I drove 2 hours all hwy and the mileage was 21.7 on the screen. that's too low. Costs high 60s to fill up at $2.80 per gallon. The seat was comfy the first hour but I think I didn't have it adjusted to be fine for the whole trip. Started to feel uncomfortable. Wheel and drive position were picture perfect. Wish butt would have felt good. Will update as I find things.

the higher the tech, the more possibilities for er
By Kevin T

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Loved the vehicle at first sight. Before making the purchase I did a lot of researching online and through family/friends and co workers who may or may not have owned a jeep and/or if they knew someone with one. It was a 70/30 positive feedback. So my wife and I decided to go for it. 2/15/18 Brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. drove off the lot with 5-10 miles on it. Again, loved it. Everything about it was just what we wanted. Perfect size for a new young couple with kids, storage was perfect. Even our 5YO son liked the vehicle. 3 months into the vehicle, I started to notice some minor tech issues. At first I thought it was some kind of fluke, but it was not. Consistent tech issues. GPS wasn't accurate, safety air bag light came on, twice my rear view camera did not turn on when trying to reverse. And just recently 5/30/18 while backing out of my driveway, emergency brakes locked up on me. Nothing behind me or around me, it just locked up thinking I was going to crash into something. Sensor for the gas pump was broken. The sensor would turn the pump off thinking the tank is full when it really was not. First time Jeep owner and I was honestly looking forward to keep this vehicle til she dies. Could be our luck that we purchased one that had more issues. Overall disappointed, it being a brand new vehicle makes it even worst

5.7 4x4 trailhawk
By First and last jeep

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this brand new and with 3800 miles it’s in the shop. Back up camera won’t work and can not turn off the radio. I think it’s a bad mother board. My new delight is when it starts up and I shift in to reverse or drive the trans clunks in to the gear. This trans will not go 100,000 miles before it’s dead. I have ALL the options except the dvd/cd player. It’s a stiff ride and not made for long hauls. The sales rep said it’s 87 octane, but the owners manual says for the 5.7 it needs 89 octane. If you tow, like I do, not a good choice. The trans will shutter and the Jeep will grind and stop. High cost to owner and its junk.

Love my Jeep
By Jim C

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sterling Edition w/Prod. End 05/18 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I’ve had the Sterling Edition for a little over a month and love it. I’ve owned two GCs in the past and this is light years beyond my 2005. The only issue I’ve read about is the OEM tires (Bridgestone) aren’t great in the snow.