Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Very sporty but with some interior quality issues
By Jerry

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 5A)

This model year and trim is for an $80k car. Major issues with carbon fiber dash decal delamination and leather warping on the dashboard. Otherwise a fantastic and powerful drive.

Pain
By Frustrated

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This review is not so much about the vehicle but the company , the coolant for the transmission somehow leaked out and my transmission went and a month later my vehicle is still sitting in the dealer because Chrysler won’t release the transmission!! Never again with Jeep i’m Going back to Toyota

Love my Jeep!!
By PatM

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great value! One of the best looking SUVs on the road.

Leather dash board came out looks like crap at 30,
By John Walker

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Two computers, 3 alternators, three batteries, air and doors don’t work, won’t hold a alignment . In shop many times left me broke down wrecker to shop. Jeep never fixed anything free. Dash board not under Warrenty ...

Oh yeah, I got my Jeep on!!
By Grady McGrady

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep Grand Cherokee Lardeo with the Altitude package about 5 weeks ago and I am simply amazed with it! My Grand Cherokee is a real SUV and not a glorified station wagon, which many SAV's are. (I call them suburban assault vehicles)... I had 3 requirements when I was looking for a new used SUV. had to have a V6, 4wd, and a trailer hitch... I spent many days looking for this at many dealerships. Finally on the 5th day I found this Laredo... It had all of my requirements and was in my price range... I haggled with the dealership for 2 days, until we agreed on a price.. I live way out in the woods in Florida, and with the rain we get I need something with 4wd sometimes just to get to the convenience store... I love the ride, and the way the vehicle handles, brakes, and accelerates.. The Pentestar engine that runs off Flex fuel has plenty of HP 290/300... The altitude package was kind of a "blackout" kit, plus it came with 265/50 R20 tires! Yes, the 5 speed automatic transmission is not the best, but I can get passed that. So far I am consistently getting around 22 mpg in mixed driving... I will update this in about 6 months to see if I still feel same the way..