Used 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Oh yeah, I got my Jeep on!!
By Grady McGrady

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep Grand Cherokee Lardeo with the Altitude package about 5 weeks ago and I am simply amazed with it! My Grand Cherokee is a real SUV and not a glorified station wagon, which many SAV's are. (I call them suburban assault vehicles)... I had 3 requirements when I was looking for a new used SUV. had to have a V6, 4wd, and a trailer hitch... I spent many days looking for this at many dealerships. Finally on the 5th day I found this Laredo... It had all of my requirements and was in my price range... I haggled with the dealership for 2 days, until we agreed on a price.. I live way out in the woods in Florida, and with the rain we get I need something with 4wd sometimes just to get to the convenience store... I love the ride, and the way the vehicle handles, brakes, and accelerates.. The Pentestar engine that runs off Flex fuel has plenty of HP 290/300... The altitude package was kind of a "blackout" kit, plus it came with 265/50 R20 tires! Yes, the 5 speed automatic transmission is not the best, but I can get passed that. So far I am consistently getting around 22 mpg in mixed driving... I will update this in about 6 months to see if I still feel same the way..

Never again
By Blake

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is always in the shop. Always replacing a sensor or a valve. I had to completely replace the a/c $3000 only 4 years into the life of the vehicle. Gas mileage sucks.

Oil leaking everywhere
By C Sheldon

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The power steering, airconditioning, transmission and engine all cool from the radiator which is prone to failure resulting in numerous problematic and on going oil and fluid leaking issues which cost in the thousands to replace and or repair. Jeep has been consistently rated as one of the very lowest in the industry for reliability and customer satisfaction for a reason. If anyone disagrees I have a 2012 grand Cherokee that you can get real cheap I will make you a smoking deal. Perhaps the good ole boy network fraternity auto engineer boys from u of m would like to take this gem off my hands, or wait around for another fed bailout from another up north genius like Obama, stay away from jeep Chrysler and their little buddy fiat, among the very worst in the world.

love my new ride
By Allen Sealing

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

jeeps are the best I have a 93 cherokee i have had for over 21 years ... still runs great ... very reliable

2012 Bubbly Dash
By Shelia Brown

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Jeep. I breaks my heart that I would pay so much and after a few months have to look at a dash that has started bubbling up. I have OCD and having my dash bubble drives me crazy. I am constantly trying to press the leather down , smooth the leather back in place. My car is immaculate I take pride in the appearance of my car. I took it to Milton Rubin in Augusta, GA and the service manager said he had never seen this before. After lots of research, I see it has happened a lot. Called the home office of Jeep and was told due to the year and milage 81,000 miles. There is nothing they can do. I am still working on getting it fixed but I can not tell you how dissatisfied I am with Jeep.