Skip to main content

Used Grand Cherokee for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...32

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Great and not great...

shane, 08/01/2017
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First a bit of car owning history: I have owned the Chrysler P.T Cruiser that was an '07, I've owned a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica and now I'm the owner of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo edition with 4 wheel drive. I bought this car for two reasons 1-I've been a long life Chrysler fan and so I took them up on the Jeep line. I will admit with owning a Chrysler product there will be maintence, it's just par for the course. Especially from the DaimlerChrysler years. I would like to say, however, that when Daimler owned Chrylser the designs, such as the one for the 2005-2010 Jeeps are some of the most handsome the company has ever put out. 2-I wanted a classic SUV with 4 wheel drive to get me through my Ohio winter commute to work. I can honestly say the only real issues I have had are the windows (the front two windows seem to act up, want to get stuck but eventually will work) the back window had to be repaired entirely with a new motor. I bought the car with a 100,000 miles even and at 106,000 I had to get a new alternator. Not bad because it had been the first replacement. The car is 10 years old after all. But, other than that, she runs like a champ. I'm in love with the look, much more than I am with the new Jeeps since Fiat bought Chrysler out. I also love the space, the interior design as well as the way the car handles. My Jeep is very responsive. The turn radius is very good for such a big car. The gas mileage for a V6 could be bit better but then again I can't complain because of how large the car is. My advice is this: if you aren't looking to spend a fortune on a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander (which often come at a much higher cost used) and you don't mind a few little things here and there then the Jeep is for you. Also, it's much nicer on the eyes then the latter two vehicles mentioned and the 4x4 works like a dream--also should comment on how the car detects when to go into 4 wheel drive which is a feature that I really like! And while it's nowhere on par with the infamous 4.0 engine from earlier Jeep models I still love my little buggy. Perhaps if you decide to purchase then also look at one of the larger engines. The V6 can have it's work cut out for it at times. 4/5

I've had 3 2005-2007 Grands and liked them all

Jenifer Ambler, 06/07/2016
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After my 2005 Grand (Laredo 4.7L V8 4x4) was totaled while still going strong at 171,000 miles, I replaced it with a used 2007 Grand Laredo V6 which is now up to 182,000 miles and still doing great. So I added a second 2007 Grand Laredo V8 which is also doing great at 96,000 miles, and handed the V6 over to the college student. Excellent on snow and ice in the winter, as well as back roads and New England mud season, yet highway ride is fine too. Very little has had to be done to any of them except normal maintenance and replacing worn-out items which were no surprise for the mileage. Some reviews complain about headroom but I'm only 5'1" so no problem. I'd happily buy one again.

Hoped it wouldnt be me!

cook_415, 11/10/2011
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I read these reviews..but with most reviews, there good and bad. I bought my Jeep in May 11,in 3 weeks I started having check engine lights,it wouldnt shift or accelerate.Had it looked at a 3 different places & finally took it to the Jeep Dealership,they replaced a transmission sensor,$1600-not covered by my warranty.3 weeks after I got it back,driving down the interstate, in a.m. rush hour 65mph, when I sped up to get over & exit the interstate,the Jeep jumped so hard I thought I had hit something.It had shifted itself into 2nd while I was going 65mph. I had to pull over to get out of oncoming traffic.Now the service dept says it the 2nd gear ration & valve cover. So dangerous-Not worth it!

Love my 07 larado

kilikachris, 04/02/2012
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

bought this on a trade in from a 04 sable LOVE IT :) i grew up around jeeps dad has always owned one figured what the hell 77,000 miles on it havent had a problem even if there was its all easy to fix :) it's my daily driver.... i dont see how half of you complain about this jeep i'm starting to think it's the driver more then the jeep sorry my opinion

Bad Transmission

neverpurchaseajeepagain, 07/17/2017
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a used 2007 Jeep Cherokee Laredo with only 62K miles on it. The transmission went out at 67K and again at 76K. Because we purchased it used from a car dealership, there was only a 30 day warranty, so the transmission was not under warranty. It cost us just under $4000.00 to fix and we were smart enough to ask for a 100,000 mile/3 year warranty with the replacement. So when it went out the second time, it was covered. It has shifted hard ever since it was purchased, it lunges in to park. We have replace plugs and coil packs, brakes and calibers and several other parts. Did I mention there is still less than 100,000 miles on the vehicle? I was told when the transmission went out that a vehicle usually starts having transmission problems at 65000 miles. I informed the mechanic that this was not the first vehicle I had owned. I had one Chevy Blazer that was 10 miles from 300,000 when I parked it and the transmission was still going strong. I had a Toyota with close to 200,000 when it was totaled. I will never purchase another jeep and wish I had not purchased this one.

12345...32