Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 154 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

My First Jeep - 2007 Overland 4WD w QuadraDriveII
By Mike

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have not owned it long but so far I love it! No major issues to date and the previous owner had all the recalls completed. Hemi is smooth and powerful although as others said, the gas mileage is poor. I like the fact that it runs on only 4 cylinders when needed to save gas! I will say its important to stay up on the maintenance on these vehicles though.....changing the spark plugs with OEM Champion Copper core ONLY and changing the differential fluid and TC fluid every 30K is very important for all these things I mentioned. I have 160K on mine and it drives like new IMO. The only per se negatives would be ......no USB/DIN jack for cell phones/mp3 players (I did purchase a unit at crutchfield and installed it in 20 mins with the female DIN located right in the blank space on the nformation panel), and the rear seat room as others have mentioned. Ill update my review as time goes on!

Money pit
By TS

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it used with 26000 miles certified paid 2500 for extra warranty 5 years 75000 miles right after 75000 miles constantly being fixed transmission problems will not start says transmission overheated for driving only 5 minutes I had a 1995 and 2001 regular Cherokee with inline straight six not once did check engine light come on took those 2 to hell and back over 200000 only parts I replaced were wear test items except the 1995 radiator at 160000 rusted out I will never buy a jeep again ever

Worst vehicle I’ve owned.
By Jacob Cavinder

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned my 2007 Grand Cherokee for almost 5 years. Bought it with 27,000 miles and it had 117,000 when I traded it in today. The last two years I’ve had to repair it at least once a month. The water pump went out 4 times. The transmission wouldn’t stop leaking no matter how many times you replaced the gasket. The windows and locks constantly shorted out. My wife broke the glovebox by simply opening it. The transmission was the noisiest I’ve ever heard in my life. The seat was comfortable at short distances but was like a torture chamber at long distances. It was a good vehicle until about 50,000 miles. It then became a huge pain. It was an amazing vehicle in the snow. I have to give it that. Kept my family safe during harsh upstate New York winters.

Unbelievably unreliable
By Jeff T

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Grand Cherokee 2 years ago and were happy with the comfort and handling. The 4.7L V8 has plenty of power and the interior is very nice for long trips. However, the reliability has been terrible. Due to an engine stumble that started a few months after purchase we have wasted thousands of dollars trying to fix this lemon. We've had it at the dealer several times without resolution. They replaced the coil packs, spark plugs and wires, cam and crank sensors ( multiple times) , engine ECM, Fuel pump, wire harness and the list goes on. The vehicle stalls at lights and will just die without warning while travelling on the highway. Completely random and extremely unsafe. This is actually our second Jeep with serious electrical problems ( the other was a Wrangler Rubicon) and our third Jeep. No more Jeeps for us.

Great and not great...
By shane

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First a bit of car owning history: I have owned the Chrysler P.T Cruiser that was an '07, I've owned a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica and now I'm the owner of a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo edition with 4 wheel drive. I bought this car for two reasons 1-I've been a long life Chrysler fan and so I took them up on the Jeep line. I will admit with owning a Chrysler product there will be maintence, it's just par for the course. Especially from the DaimlerChrysler years. I would like to say, however, that when Daimler owned Chrylser the designs, such as the one for the 2005-2010 Jeeps are some of the most handsome the company has ever put out. 2-I wanted a classic SUV with 4 wheel drive to get me through my Ohio winter commute to work. I can honestly say the only real issues I have had are the windows (the front two windows seem to act up, want to get stuck but eventually will work) the back window had to be repaired entirely with a new motor. I bought the car with a 100,000 miles even and at 106,000 I had to get a new alternator. Not bad because it had been the first replacement. The car is 10 years old after all. But, other than that, she runs like a champ. I'm in love with the look, much more than I am with the new Jeeps since Fiat bought Chrysler out. I also love the space, the interior design as well as the way the car handles. My Jeep is very responsive. The turn radius is very good for such a big car. The gas mileage for a V6 could be bit better but then again I can't complain because of how large the car is. My advice is this: if you aren't looking to spend a fortune on a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander (which often come at a much higher cost used) and you don't mind a few little things here and there then the Jeep is for you. Also, it's much nicer on the eyes then the latter two vehicles mentioned and the 4x4 works like a dream--also should comment on how the car detects when to go into 4 wheel drive which is a feature that I really like! And while it's nowhere on par with the infamous 4.0 engine from earlier Jeep models I still love my little buggy. Perhaps if you decide to purchase then also look at one of the larger engines. The V6 can have it's work cut out for it at times. 4/5