Used 2016 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

POS!!!!!
By Chuck

2016 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My 80 year old mother could outrun this vehicle when taking off!!!!!!! I have never bought a Jeep before and never, EVER-EVER-EVER buy one again. I'm upside down by 6K and I'm getting rid of it. I don't care what loss I have to take. I don't feel safe, I can't even pass a car. Getting on the freeway is suicide. DO NOT buy this vehicle, you will regret it every day you drive it.

Nice Jeep
By D.Carr

2016 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a nice Jeep to drive. I bought a used 2016 Jeep Compass Latitude with 40k miles. Not sure why others feel the way they do. It gets me to work and back home safely. No complaints about fuel efficiency, uConnect(Bluetooth) or drive handling. I like the remote start, heated seats and heated mirrors. Navigation would have been nice but I have Waze on my phone.

Winter Gas
By Jody McGaha

2016 Jeep Compass Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If your looking for a vehicle with good gas mileage look at a different vehicle. The gas in summer is as estimate says but in the winter you lose at lest 8 mile to the gallon. Every owner is complaining about this and these vehicles should be recalled and the issue fixed. No other car or truck sucks as bad as this one on winter gas.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!
By erov1640

2016 Jeep Compass Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Drove the jeep for 3 days as a rental our to DFW and can't believe how bad this car is considering the competition in the segment. The vehicle was almost brand new with only 6 k miles, and it had more squeaks and rattles than my 10' CRV with 150K miles. I am just bewildered as to how any educated consumer would consider this vehicle as doing very minimal research. If your considering the buying the Compass, just test drive a Rav4 and CRV and compare the vehicles. Also keep in mind, the Compass will have very little resale value down the road, this is not the case with either the Honda or Toyota. How many 10 year old + Chrysler do you see on the road?

beware of 2016 Jeep compass.
By nancy Czarnecki

2016 Jeep Compass Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

2016 Jeep Compass at 14856 miles had trans replaced due to lack of power. At 15900 miles ball joint broke. Not a safe vehicle