Used 2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

3 years, been alright.
By HarryB

2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

A couple stupid built-in functions: You can’t turn the radio off. You mute it, on restart, it’s on. You can only turn down the volume. Bluetooth favors Android. Syncing to an iPhone can take minutes. Drives a little stiff, but, I suppose it is a truck. Recently, 70,000 miles about, there is a greasy smell coming from the heater. Looks like the heater core is a real project to replace. I just need to take the box apart, as there might be a critter in there. Only problems to date, since new, are the driver window controls became erratic when it was left open and it rained. There was an engine light, can’t remember what it was. The dealer said this and that needed to be changed. Cabin filter, etc. it was few hundred to fix. And, they (dealer) broke the housing latch on the cabin filter door. Now I find this hole in the floor behind the brake pedal going outside! I’m complaining about these little things, but I see other reviews much worse. I don’t think I’d buy another. I bought a new Saturn in 95’ and changed a battery and brake light on it in 101,000 miles. Even the tires and brakes were original!

Jeep limited
By Judy

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I really really love this car It looks pretty and has given me no problems at all

Love my Jeep
By Bob

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My wife and I bought our lightly pre-owned 2015 Jeep Latitude V6 with 9k miles in Feb 2016. We fell in love during our test drive, and haven't regretted it since. We drive it everywhere, and the odometer now has 50k miles on it w/o any problems. Our family loves camping, fishing, hiking, and generally enjoying the great outdoors, and our Cherokee was the right choice. Like most people, even those with the Wrangler type Jeeps, we spend the vast majority of our car time on paved roads, but this is the ONLY vehicle (in its class) that you can get both 4-wheel drive (not AWD, which isn't) AND V6 power! We love the comfort, MPG (we average 22 - 23 MPG overall, but often get over 30 MPG on highway driving), technology, style and that V6 power mated to 4 wheel drive. I have never owned a Jeep but I plan on this one being only my first of many. We have heard a lot of neg's about the transmission with the 14/15 year model, and it has been a bit wonky at times, but you simply have to learn how to drive it. We have several friends who have bought newer model Cherokee's and they don't seem to have any shifting issues, so Jeep finally got that ironed out right. I would recommend any of the newer model Cherokee's w/o hesitation. I love my Jeep!

Bad SUV for the money
By Austin

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I spent a lot of money on my Trailhawk. I am very sad to see the horrible resale value. The transition has had to be repaired 4 times in only 30k miles. The GPS does not want to update and is horrible. Gas mileage is okay but it cannot seem to calculate it correctly. Many other small electronic issues. 2 recalls that I know of.

2015 cherokee latitude 4x4 4 cylinder
By Don n

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

4cylinder underpowered , new cherokee has a better interior i believe ,also they need to work out the kinks in the transmission