Used 2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Beware of this Car
By Dontbuy Jeep

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Could not keep it on the road. The Transmission is horrible and breaks down every week. New Transmission put in at 26,000Miles and kept having same issues with the vehicle. Slamming into gear, slow acceleration. Terrible Vehicle, worst vehicle I have ever owned. Also head lights only show forward range, not peripheral meaning, if you are on a dark country road or a road without many lights on it, you cannot see where you are turning in to. So you can turn into a ditch if the road or driveway does not have an attached curb on the sides.

I hate this car
By Craig

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is my 5th Jeep Vehicle. Bought all of them new. The first four were great very reliable and very few if any problems. This one has been a nightmare! 3 warranty issues which all required multi day visits to dealers with in one case my dealer having the car for 5 weeks. This vehicle constantly breaks. Electronic issues, misfiring engine, failed engine mount and now a blown radiator. In addition to paying for the car and regular maintenance I’ve spent countless hours at the dealer for warranty work and many thousands on unexpected failures. I’ve owned 7 new cars in the last 20 years and this vehicle is by far the worst! I will never again even consider buying a Jeep brand vehicle

worst car ever
By worse car ever

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This Jeep is my third jeep and I am extremely disappointed. I have owned a Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee and now this trailhawk. I feel like each Jeep I own, there are more and more issues that plague these vehicles. Most recently I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, since acquiring this, it has required a new transmission (under 20,000). This vehicle also required some other work (which slips my mind at the moment) that was done six months outside of the 3-year warranty. The cost was roughly $2700, thankfully Mopar refunded the majority of costs. I thought this should take care of everything but it is turning into a nightmare of a money pit. I have also had to replace brake pads, rotors in the last few months, the passenger rear handle came off I still need to order a new handle and have it installed but haven’t had the opportunity, so I have been avoiding using this door. On occasion my tailgate won’t close, I usually have to unplug the battery in order to reset this issue or google a quick fix. 2 weeks ago, I needed to replace the battery because my car wouldn’t start while visiting family, one of the connectors needed to be replaced at this time as well. The final straw has been finding out today that the ball joints need to be replaced. I understand that repairs sometimes need to happen and there is always routine maintenance, but this is excessive. I spend a significant amount of time without my vehicle and spending a lot of money for a car that is about 4 years old. I feel with the issues I feel extremely disappointed at the number of repairs and issues that are occurring and am looking to get a new vehicle when I was hoping this would last a couple more years. I feel that it is quite ridiculous to have to invest so much time and money in renting cars, seeking diagnosis for a relatively newer vehicle, and have never needed to bring in a car so much. This vehicle has become a laughing matter among my friends, family and coworkers. I am embarrassed that I am having so many issues and I wish there was a better warranty, or another option besides getting a different vehicle.

My Latitude with Attitude
By Mary

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This 2014 Jeep Latitude has outperformed my expectations...in all areas. Other than oil changes- I haven't had any servicing issues- Extremely reliable and dependable. Great for all age groups/demographics . My driving is mostly highway - the experience has been great - safety, sound, and sublime!!! I highly recommend!

Power pkg SUV
By P Murphy

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

We love the Jeep. The V6 is powerful especially in Sport Mode, 4x4 is rugged. Inside and out is comfortable and stylish with utility built in, many storage places, tow hooks, all weather package etc. The back however is small for loading any large gear. Acceleration at times takes gearing a few seconds to engage so making intersections hairy. A whistling noise was a costly repair not covered under warranty. A solid Jeep!