Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV 4WD Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Best Jeep ever

cprevbhayes, 07/02/2011
Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 2000. Currently 175,000 miles and still going strong. Mine has the 5-speed manual mated to the 6-cylinder engine. Great combo for 4-wheel drive! Only major repair has been replacing the a/c compressor. Jeep has taken me all over the country. Interior design could be better, especially the back seat. Not too comfortable back there, but hey, it's a Jeep! Wish someone made a dependable, basic 4-wheel drive vehicle today. This one will stay with me until one of us dies!

don't buy a cherokee

dynamite44, 04/15/2004
Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

i have a 2000 jeep cherokee sport. it had been a "demo car". In the first 30,000 miles, i had it towed twice, had the drive shaft fall out at a stoplight, had all the power windows and locks go at the same time, all the gauges replaced, the entire fuel system replaced (except 4 fuel injectors, the gas tank itself, and the fuel rail), front axle replaced, transfer case rebuilt twice, transfer case linkage replaced 3 times, and the rear axle rebuilt...

Sweet Machine

Jacked XJ, 04/26/2006
Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is my 1st Jeep. I absolutely love this vehicle. My friends and I have taken this jeep many many places. From Maryland (my home state) to Fairbanks, Alaska to Tijuana, Mexico. Since those road trips I have put an 8 inch lift with 35x13.50x16 Pro Comp M/T tires on American Racing rims and many extra mods. 4.0 MPI still performs flawlessly after 87,000miles, tranny and transfer case rock solid with Command Trac 4x4 system. I have taken this XJ to Moab and may other places, slammed it up against many other machines never a disappointment.I recently talked my Honda driving wife into an old CJ-7 purchase; she was reluctant at first till she heard that ol' 350 purring under the hood. Keep Jeepin.

Jeep the only way to Drive

Shadowwolf, 03/09/2002
Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Well except for the dealership I bought the jeep from it has been a wonderful experience and I am not starting the slow process of building it up for really radical off-roading fun. This thing is truly the sports car of SUV's. I can take corners almost as well as a lot of the modern muscle cars and with a rolling start (30mph-40mph) I can keep up with some of the big boys until I hit 95 or so then I back off :) PLEASE REMEMBER This is a SUV and as such it has a HIGHER Center of gravity