Skip to main content

Used 1996 Jaguar XJR Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used XJR for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 1996 XJR, so we've included reviews for other years of the XJR since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
    4.25 out of 5 stars

Impressive Car

viper077, 05/17/2004
    1995 Jaguar XJR 4dr Sedan

I own the limited edition Turquoise color XJR. The supercharger will blow your mind. With the accelerator to the floor, 0-60 seems like 4 seconds. I would NEVER buy a regular Jag after experiencing an R. Somewhere around 65k, our power steering went out, the oil light occasionally came on due to a defect, and the supercharger also has to be serviced every 3k miles. If not, it could go out on you and you will have ZERO power in the car. Other little parts in the inside broke off, like the tweeter covers on the rear doors, the knob for the mirrors, the rear break light (in the window), and the cup holder broke SEVERAL times.

4.13 out of 5 stars

How come know one talks about this car

HateGermanBrakes, 09/16/2002
    1996 Jaguar XJR 4dr Sedan

It'a rocket in hiding. If a BMW 540 owner ever had this car, he would be bragging about his V-8. Power is amazing at 322 HP. New Mods (V8's) have higher HP 370 but about the same same torque. Had many other HP luxury cars. Power is better than BMW's 540, or Mercedes 430 or Lexus 400 series. Reliabilty has been better than average for me. Brakes are way better than any any german car. I have 47K on original brakes and they still look good for another 20K. Both my BMW's and Mercedes ate brakes about ever 20-25K. Can't believe these cars don't hold value better.

xjr luxury rocket

klet, 12/15/2002
    1996 Jaguar XJR 4dr Sedan

this car not only turns heads,but leaves the the competition behind. very very very fast!!! i am always with smile on my face when i drive this car, it is the best kept secret around!!! watch out gas mileage about 13-16 pirelli p zeros pull car on rutted roads

Awesome power

charles ray, 07/30/2006
    1995 Jaguar XJR 4dr Sedan

When i purchased my XJR I went wow. This car has awesome power like no other. Few inside problems but overall it has been great. 1995 and it has everything-cassette, 6 disc cd, air in seats and so-on. Features that some cars are just getting today. Do yourself a favour and buy a XJR.

Great Car

EricXJR37, 12/06/2009
    1996 Jaguar XJR 4dr Sedan

I got a steal on it for 3000$, it's a beautiful car no doubt, it drives like a dream, for the 4.0L supercharged motor it's not really hard on gas I'd say I get 25 mpg . It's a real head turner, the 17 inch rims are nice for and stock rim from the dealer, I don't like the CD changer in the trunk but that really doesn't matter its not hard to put 6 cd's and listen to the radio if you're sick of the cd's. Parts are expensive especially the crest but I shaved off mine since it was stolen.