Used 2004 Isuzu Rodeo SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Rodeo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

powerful V6

Johnson Enmanuel, 01/02/2004

good improvements, like the cruise control and volume/ch&trk buttons on steering wheel, smooth ride, powerful engine

Can't fix the problems!!!!

sillyisuzu, 10/05/2013

At first loved the car. Bought it new in 2005. However, after two years of ownership, the car would fail to start. It would begin to turn over, then cut off. I have to reset the auto door locks for it to start, and even then sometimes it won't, and its not the starter. It also burns oil and I have to check the oil levels weekly. The engine light has come on, and no one can tell me what the code means! The engine also regularly sticks in first gear and the engine whines, then finally engages. I had the tranny serviced, but they tell me there is no problem. Finally, the key design completely stinks! You can program the fob to open the door, but can't find anyone to program it to start the car.

Not what I thought

Joanne, 01/19/2005

I absolutely hate this truck. The drive is horrible and weak...it never has any type of pick-up whatsoever. My mother's 4 cylinder car has more pick-up and vroom than this thing! I can't stand driving it and haven't even had it for a full year yet! Biggest mistake I've made!!!

Get Rid Of It

PEddie, 04/20/2009

Mushy ride, feels unsafe; REDUCED POWER light randomly comes on, effectively disabling the car, dangerous if you're not in your driveway when it happens; essentially you cannot count on it when you need it.

WHAT, NOT UNDER WARRANTY?

greg masinelli, 04/14/2004

they will not fix warranty work. they tell me at 25000 miles that it is all maintenance work. ignition sticks,idles at 1600rpm's all the time, it clunks in the rear end when you leave a stop light. I took it in two other times for ignition sticking and they said nothing then about thats the way it is designed. very poor quality and will never buy another one ,ever!

2004 Rodeo 4 door

hitmark, 05/01/2004

Good suv for the price, Nice size. Good Looking

Great Buy

jdifranco27, 07/16/2004

Not sure why there aren't more of these on the road. My wife and I have had the car for two years with no problems. Great fun SUV.

Great for the Money

Craig, 12/20/2004

I've had my Rodeo for about 3 months. No problems at all. It has the Direct Injection, 250-Hp V-6 engine, and it will definitely move. I was astounded by the performance of this engine - especiallly when compared to the [Rodeo} standard V-6. No contest whatsoever. If you get one of these, get the Direct Injection. You won't regret it.

Decent

rodeo, 06/29/2005

I have had my Rodeo for a little over a year now. I agree with the power issue... there is none. Also, when braking, you better start early; this Rodeo will continue to roll without any gas given to it. I like the exterior look, interior has much room for improvement.

good suv for the price and warranty

herrerahnj4, 04/16/2004

nice exterior look,interior looks a little plain but acceptable. over all truck looks pretty sharp

12345...7