Used 2004 Isuzu Rodeo SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Rodeo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Something' Missing

Diablita, 10/25/2004

I think the Rodeo is a fun car to drive it needs a little improvement... the interior is not that pretty, the cloth of the seats is a very cheap maetrial, but they are not that uncomfortable... very roomy, and the cargo area is huge... i cant really complain there

Good choice

Antoine, 12/21/2004

Since I have bought this vehicle there have been some things that I have been dissapointed with like the fuel economy, but overall I would say it is a good buy for the price compared to other SUVs in it's class.

Love it!

sc rodeo, 08/04/2009

My fourth Isuzu SUV. Bought it new in 04. This ride has given me more than my money's worth. I've always liked the looks, the performance and the reliability,- no unpleasant surprises. Predictable maintenance history and a compatible vehicle for rack systems, hitch systems, etc. It's flexible for carrying all sorts of cargo. Have put 112k miles on this thing and if it dies tomorrow, I'm still be glad I bought it.

The Rodeo Rocks Hard

RodeoRocks!, 11/06/2003

We shopped around for over 7 months & the ‘03 Rodeo was such a killer deal, brand new. Major fun, great warranty/well built. Love displays; stereo is the easiest thing to operate! Floormats like no others; they grip solidly. Perfect sized, head- turning, sharp SUV for a super deal. And remember, John 5:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

NEVER AGAIN

Jd Texas Flyer, 09/29/2004

Bought TWO of these dogs on the same day (what was I thinking) for wife and daughter, hoping to get them into something reliable and safe - just the opposite. After 20K miles, major items began to fail such as catalytic converter (complete failure), transmission oil leakage (required complete transmission replacement), engine starter failure (replaced / both cars), ABS brake failures, throttle control valves, EGR valves, gas gauges, central computer, radio (lights, speakers), along with multiple factory recall repairs, some of which required more than a day to complete (without a supplied rental). There is NO feeling of dependability.

Could not catch a break

Alysha, 03/20/2017
S Rwd 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5M)

Had it for about a year before it broke down the first time. Then it was a hard to find someone that knew how to work on it. Theeeenn it cost me $2,000 to get it running again. And about 4 months later it broke down again and has been sitting for the last 3 years. So it has been a big waist of my time and money.

satisfied

isuzu guy, 08/14/2008

Just went over the 90k mile mark on my 04 Rodeo I purchased new almost 5 yrs ago (my 4th Isuzu since 88). Bought the extended warranty but never had to use it. I've been extremely happy with this ride. No surprises (knock on wood). Still get over 20 mpg on trips and 15 mpg in town. With all the rebates, I keep my eye on new SUVs but really can't justify the expense as the equivalent value in today's market is just too steep. I'd hate to unload this Rodeo, it still runs so well. Timely maintenance and an honest mechanic are key. I have no reservations about taking this Rodeo on long trips. I feel real fortunate to have owned this SUV, having a ride in the shop is no fun.

well built

smilies, 01/11/2004

great truck that is very reliable and fun to drive, have had no problems, smoth rideing enigne

simplistic yet functional

J. Tan, 02/07/2004

It's functional and simplistic. Maybe it was the ease of getting in and out. Maybe it just makes you feel cool. I don't know. I drove it a while ago and would hard pressed to describe why I liked it so much. The suspension could be better but I usually drive in stop and go traffic. The only time I really tax a suspension is accelerating off a steep parking lot down onto a street at an angle. I don’t think a soft suspension is bad as along as you’re not rocking side to side.

Excellent SUV Choice

Kori, 02/17/2004

I've never owned an SUV before and I love the Rodeo. It rides great and I love the design of it. Now that I'm in it I can't imagine myself in anything else. Thanks to Isuzu and Champion Isuzu Houston.

12345...7