Used 2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Lift Gate Issues
By Tiffany

2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall, this car is very nice. It’s cinfortabke for the famioand we enjoy the entertainment package. However, the dash rattles, and the back passenger panel lost a clip and is just getting looser. The dealership says they can’t fix it. They want me to take it to a body shop even though it happened on its own. I had some stuttering for awhile while driving. Kind of a chugging feeling. The did an update on the software and it seems to have fixed it. Today the lift gate wouldn’t open. I tried multiple times and finally got it to open but the car had to be on and only the dash button worked. I tried the additional key fob and same thing. Then about an hour later it worked fine. I fear this is just the beginning of some electrical issues and I worry about the cost. Although it’s nice, the technology in the car is significantly lacking compared to other lesser cars. For a luxury vehicle, you would expect too if the line. While I love the look of the Infiniti. I don’t see myself purchasing another.

I will NEVER recommend this vehicle to anyone
By SCP

2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I previously owned an FX/35 (now the QX70) and absolutely fell in love with that vehicle. It was perfect for me...until I began expanding my family and needed more room. Because I had such a fabulous experience with Infiniti I went back and selected a QX60 because it is a little bigger. The good news - the fit & finish is great and gas mileage is better than expected. I drive 70+ miles daily in rush hour traffic & I still average nearly 22 mpg. The bad news - there is nothing else redeeming about this vehicle or Infiniti Corp. The battery dies every 18 months like clockwork. And, as others have stated, within months of purchasing this vehicle (with all of 12 miles on it), I began having horrible transmission problems. I took it into the service group 7 or 8 times to no avail because it was intermittent and the techs could never duplicate it. I was to the point of hiring an attorney when Infiniti SUDDENLY developed a 'code' that could detect the KNOWN problem I was having. Finally, when I took it in, they read the code and BAM - new transmission. The problem is that I have had bizarre and random hiccups with the transmission since...including a horrible clunking sound when shifting from reverse to drive. Again, only intermittently so it cannot be easily reproduced. I was told that, because I had the "newest version" of the transmission they would not replace it again. Infiniti must have received an incredible number of complaints because 4 weeks after I had tried - yet again - for them to recognize the horrid clunking sound, Infiniti released a bulletin that said hearing a horrible clunking sound when shifting from reverse to drive (especially first thing in the morning) is considered NORMAL for this vehicle and had to do with either the motor or the transmission mounts. That was it for me. I have sworn off Infiniti and I warn everyone I know to not purchase one. Unfortunately, in my state I missed my opportunity to sue under lemon laws, but I know I will never make that mistake again. If I ever encounter similar issues with another vehicle I will immediately hire an attorney and get all of my money back (and my legal fees!). My favorite part was when they told me they were extending the warranty on my transmission for another 30,000 miles...wait - you mean the transmission you swear is perfectly normal and refuse to address in any way? Right....that'll do the trick. Needless to say, I am now in search of a different vehicle and consider the experience a horribly costly life lesson. DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE IF YOU SEE ONE AT A USED CAR LOT....seriously, don't.

Love my infinity
By Julie funke

2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is the most comfortable car I’ve owned. Loved the configuration. Love the features. The gas Mileage could be a little better and the car needs a little more power. I would certainly rebuy this luxurious car again. No regrets

Horrible dangerous car and poor Infiniti support
By Arun K

2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Beware the car has a serious problem where it decides not to accelerate. May have to do with the car sensing wheel slippage. The transmission issues or well documented but this equally dangerous issue is being ignored. After numerous efforts to get this fixed thru the dealership and Infiniti, the Infiniti consumer affairs team says it's a characteristic of the vehicle and not offering a fix. DON'T PUT YOUR LIVES IN THIS CAR !!! Selling mine asap.

A Piece of JUNK!
By HAWK

2014 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned this car for 8 months too long! I wish I had done my research. Upon purchasing this vehicle the rear differential went out at 50k miles. After replacing the rear differential, I noticed stuttering and poor acceleration in the transmission. I took it to the dealer and they updated the software, but it didn't cure the problem. Long story short, they ended up putting a new transmission in. I have had to replace and entire headlamp because the seals went bad and condensation in the lamp was causing a shortage in the bulb. After they fixed that headlight the driver headlamp suffered the same issue. Went back to the dealer for an oil change, but noticed my engine light on, they discovered that I needed a catalytic converter and a catalytic manifold system!!!!!! This was the WORST car I HAVE EVER OWNED! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!! That CVT transmission is garbage!!!!! I can go on and on about repairs and how god awful this car is. Just leave it at the dealership!!!