Used 2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

2015 Tuscon Seized Motor
By Lori

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 16 with 24,000, and it was a certified pre-owned, so all warranties were in effect and I spent 2500 for a wrap around warranty up to 120,000 miles thru Hyundai. I have 115,000 miles on the car, mostly highway miles, and my motor seized up in another state from my own on my way home. Always, had all my work done on my car at Hyundai, except a few oil changes when I was on the road. Hyundai at first blamed it on the company that changed my oil. Then 2 days later they said I will still in the good on my oil. No oil light came on when my motor started making knocking noise on the highway. I then pulled over and checked my oil. It said it was full. I got back on the highway and drove 3 miles and the car quit. I was on the side of the road for 3 hours with my road side assistance through Hyundai, and have been paying for a rent a car for 2 weeks. They want to give me a used motor with 12,000 mile warranty or a re-maned motor that I have to partially pay for. I drove a dodge caliber til it had 250,000 miles and no motor blow up. I will never buy another Hyundai and none of my family or friends will either. That is a poor quality vehicle that needs a new motor with 115,000 miles on it. Hyundai should be ashamed of the product they are selling the public. But obviously they are not, because when this does happen to the consumer that bought their product, they do not want to work with you. I have a wrap around warranty to 120,000, and Hyundai does not want to give me a new motor, which they should anyway with no warranty at ,115,000 miles. That is a really bad product, in this day and age, when a motor blows up at 115,000. DO NOT BUY A HYUNDAI. YOU WILL BE STUCK LIKE ME WITH A LOT OF MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET, AND A BROKE DOWN CAR YOU STILL OWE ON.

Poor Choice
By Angela LeuVoy

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2015 Hyundai Tucson in January 2018. Since January I have had to have a new engine because 4 months after purchase my engine seized and this past weekend my exhaust system fell off of my car as I was backing out of my garage. Not a quality vehicle

seized engine
By Martha Davis

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am 62 yrs old. My husband and I have driven lots of different cars and trucks. We drive them for lots of years. We have only bought one truck new. The 2015 Hyundai Tucson is the first car we have driven that has had the engine seize. We take care of our vehicles with oil changes, fluid checks, and regular maintenance check ups. We work with a local mechanic. Very disappointed with the service we received from our local Hyundai dealer with the problem of the engine seizing up. Hyundai has had problems with engines. Not worth the hassle of dealing with a manufacturing problem. We buy Dodge Ram trucks because Dodge stands behind their vehicles. Hyundai does not.

What prompted this review?
By B B

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my car brand new off the lot in Feb 2015 - It's been in the shop 7, yes, 7 different times in 3 1/2 years! Some of the issues were technician related, other were not. I'm now looking for another new car when my plan was to have this new car paid off and reliable until my children graduated high school. Back to the drawing board. It has made knocking noises, grinding noises, rattling noises and of course every time I take it in I get told that's normal! I'm not stupid. Finally, it was found that I had an oil leak and the oil was disappearing! Took it back 2 or 3 times to have that fixed. Had the brakes replaced, had to take it in 3 or 4 times until that was done right, now, I need a complete engine overhaul! On a three year old, one owner car! Thank goodness my powertrain warranty is covering everything but now I do not feel safe with this car.

By Sanguan Roongphornchai

2015 Hyundai Tucson SUV GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a brand new Hyudai Tucson 2015 back in June. In January 2018 with mileage 16,580 Cust stated Muffler Fell off. Fortunately no accident.