Used 2013 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Please don't buy this car
By Sameer

2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought in2013 for my father, first 2 year no problem but after 50k mile everything start following part. Too many problems.

Good car for price!
By John M Lilly

2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My only issue I have had is road noise on drivers side. My wife thinks I have hearing problems until she's driving and realizes it is noisy.

Excellent Entry Level Crossover Type SUV
By Shane

2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS PZEV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For the 2013 Model Year this vehicle offered an impressive package of goodies. All of which made the purchase of this vehicle very simple when it came to comparing to the other vehicles being offered in competition in its class, (IE: Honda CRV, Toyota RAV-4, Nissan Rogue, Mazda CX Series, Ford Escape, and a few others). For the sticker price of what came included this vehicle was nearly loaded with all of the features you could really hope would be included. So Huyndai did it again when it came to bang for the buck and backed by their warranty.

Lets do start with some adjustments I made to my vehicle upon purchase. The first being the stock headlights. They are good, but could be better. I equipped mine with the Sylvania Silver Star Ultras, it made a 80% difference in the night driving experience; better forward vision and better side of road vision with the light spread.

The vehicle is equipped with the Active Eco system which controls how the transmission shifts and the A/C System functions. Over the time I have owned this vehicle this system is best used on long road trips where you will indeed see the benefit. Having this system turned on while you are driving in town is more of an irritation than a benefit as the computer in the car is placed in "economy" mode for nearly all of your driving needs. The in-town benefit is minimal, and the fuel savings is negligible at best, and the shift points are skewed to make the engine rather gutless.

The acceleration on the vehicle is smooth and fairly quick. By no means will it push you into your seat, but it does indeed get out of its tracks in a hurry. The steering is solid and the response is fairly nimble, and is by far more responsive than the Honda counterpart.

The over-all feeling of this vehicle is very good.

Very pleased with this vehicle
By Steve Wirh

2013 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our Tuscon new in August of 2013 and have 27,000 miles on it now. Have not had one problem with the vehicle. Tires still have significant tread left and haven't had to balance them yet. Gas mileage is great, 24-25 in town and 30 on the highway. The ride can be a bit stiff on rough road surfaces but I prefer a taut suspension system. I definitely recommend the 2.4 motor over the 2.0.

There are 39000 miles on the vehicle now. Still on the original tires and they have quite a bit of tread left. We have made a few long distance trips with the Tuscon since owning it and while it isn't a higher end luxury SUV the ride is not hard on you. So far no regrets on buying this vehicle.

The car now has 47,210 miles on the odometer. Will have to replace the tires in another 2,000 or so. Have had no problems so far, vehicle feels as tight as it did new. I have had the dealer perform all maintenance since day one but has only consisted of oil changes, tire rotation and a coolant change. Even doing the services at the dealer the cost has been very minimal.

52,000 miles on the vehicle, just replaced the tires. Have detected no unusual noises from the power train or suspension, still feels as tight as when new. Getting ready to take a 4,000 mile round trip and have no concerns about the reliability of the vehicle.

At 59,000 miles we traded the vehicle in on a larger vehicle as we intend on doing more traveling. At trade in time we had just replaced the tires which was the largest expenditure we had with this vehicle. It was still solid feeling and everything functioned like it did when new.

Transmission replacement at 12K miles
By Cheryl Stadig

2013 Hyundai Tucson GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car brand new in May 2013 to replace my 2002 Toyota Sienna (which was totalled when rear-ended by another vehicle). The seats were stained within a week when my wet umbrella brushed the seat as I was putting it on the floor. Yes......simple water stains this cheap fabric. I have no small children yet my seats still look horrible. At 12,000 miles my transmission needed replacement! I have previously owned a Toyota Corolla, Celica and Sienna and the quality of the Tucson doesn't even come close. First and last Hyundai I will ever own.