Used 2006 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Still going...
By Becky

2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Tucson in 2015 at 80k. I tend to buy older vehicles and drive them until they can't be driven. I have only had two repairs done to this vehicle in my ownership. The first was repair to the driver's side front axle, standard wear and tear driving in update NY. The second was recently, at 139k the water pump went. Pricey repair but worth it. I am currently at 140k and just now considering a new purchase. My only complaint is that the headlight lenses corrode from the inside and are pretty dim now.

Loved the vehicle
By Cher

2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Only sold because wanted a new one after 12 years!

The gladiator. Perfect vehicle. suv tucson 2006 3.
By matthew long

2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Dont hestiate. I always say treat it right and you will have a vehicle that will last a long time.

Spunky and easy-handling, economical SUV!
By Tucson mom1

2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

That front seats are stiff, not for large people. That while spunky, it is not a race car. My mileage has always been great when I do not go by car door inflation, but rather by the tires. I get 24 in city average, and 30 on highway. KOREAN tires wore fast, I replaced with Michelin Harmony and now General Altimax........wonderful ride. Does have some road noise but I always play radio. Great handling in all weather. No major repairs of late, just replaced radiator hose and had to use double clamp to hold as hose is thicker than original. Maintain oil and filter and transmission as dictated for city. Takes semi synthetic oil. I replace all filters myself, further savings. Dealer replaced engine bushings, worn, which he noticed, and was under warranty. Has never let me down, runs smoothly still in 2016. Bought new with 8 miles on it. Cargo hold is excellent, seats down, holds garden and groceries and building materials well. My back has not hurt at all since buying this, as you sit higher than in a car and at better angle. Recommend it highly.

Great, Dependable, plan to keep it.
By Richard

2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. I am retired so the vehicle only has 26,000 on it. I change the oil and required maintenance done twice a year due to the low mileage driven.
The car has been very dependable and the only major costs I have had was replacing the battery in the past year and now was told it was time to replace the tires (26,000). The V-6 is no barn burner but gets the job done.
I would recommend this car to anyone but would explain that I have only driven it 26,000 in ten years. Gas mileage is and never has been great. I would say 16-17 in town and maybe 25-27 on highway. It has never seen 20 and 30 as advertised or rated.