Used 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

car does not age well.
By cquintros12

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Since I bought the car a Hyundai certified 2015 Hyundai Sonata with approximately 25k miles. I had several issues, after just a week of owning the car the driver side mirror trim started showing discoloration, it was black and shinny when I bought the car. The first time I took the car on the highway, I felt a slight shaking on the steering wheel, took it the dealership to have the wheel balance check and I was told by the manager that they couldn’t do nothing about it since it is not part of the warranty (when I asked the manager if they check the wheel balance on the certification inspection he said he didn’t know), the service clerk went to speak with my sales person to see if the sales dept. would cover the cost of the wheel balancing job, however, per the service clerk ( the sales rep never came out to talk to me) they declined covering the service request. On my first interior cleaning, I noticed that the driver seat had a hole on the left side support, also the leather dye faded out and I can see the foam underneath and the right rear passenger seat leather was coming out of the headrest cover, I contacted Hyundai USA and their advice was to take it to the dealer for evaluation, at the dealer the service clerk said that the hole and fading was under warranty and they’ll fix it but I had to leave the car at the dealership for at least a day, when I asked if I could have a loaner car for the day, he said that they didn’t offer any loaners, so I decided to wait for an opportunity in which I didn’t need the car to leave it. Now on a trip to Orlando with my family, the shark fin antenna came out the antenna base on the highway, I presume. I contacted Hyundai USA and I got the same answer as before, take it to the dealer for evaluation, the antenna is only cover for 3 years or 36k miles, of course I was out of warranty. At the dealer, the service rep didn’t even look at it, she said that it is a common issue, but it is not a defect???? and that I was out of warranty, while there I asked when I the upholstery technician was going to be onsite to leave my car and she said that I was out of warranty on my car seat as well. Overall, don’t believe the dealership certification inspection, I bought the car confident that I wasn’t going to encounter any issues with the car, but I was completely wrong, the inspection is just a gimmick to charge more for a car and/or cover defects to trick the costumer into buying a car that looks a lot better at the dealer and while Hyundai offer 10 years/100k miles warranty on the engine and transmission everything else that seems to fall apart only have a 3 year/36k warranty, the car rides nice and its very spacious but the overall quality of the car is sub par to other brands.

Everybody thinks it's a Lexus!
By Lorenzo

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

137,000 miles. Other than Basic maintenance no problems! The 2015 SE version of this car is an amazing value with distinct character that got lost in the yearly updates. Space is abundant, led drl, low drivers seating position, BMW like interior and feel. If your interested in this car get the 2015 se version. It's the cheapest model and it's highly customizable not having all the extra tech. BTW mags say this car is slow but it's not, put it in sport and it will easily pass other cars.

The car to buy
By Bernie Stangle

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Very reliable car and outstanding gas mileage

A beast in the snow.
By Sandie

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I live in Central New York where we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding. I have never had to buy snow tires and she is a beast in the snow. I love this car. Gas mileage averaged 30 mph just putting around town and 36 mph on the highway. Cried when it was totalled. I love this car.

great car
By Francis Bangert

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Limited w/Brown Leather PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Top of line car glad we found this car on dealer lot