Used 2013 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Sonata
By B

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Good car for the momey

Not really happy!!!!
By L Williams

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Let me start at the beginning, On June 11,2018 I was driving and my car stalled. So I waited 4 hours before getting roadside assistance. I eventually had my car towed to Ourisman Hyundai in Bowie, MD where I purchased it. In the meantime I did some research to see if my car had any recalls, well it did. On Tuesday June 12, 2018 I did end up receiving a call from a young lady named Shavon at Ourisman Hyundai she wanted to know why it was towed there and wanted to know what was wrong with my car. So I told her that it stalled and would not cut on, I also explained to her that I never received any letters regarding recalls on my car. She called me later on that day and told me that it was my engine and there was a recall on the engine. Ok the reason why I am really sending this email is because of lack of concern and lack of communication, I was inconvenienced I was out of a vehicle for a whole week and I do not work close to where I live. I did ask about getting a loaner in the meantime, Shavon told me that the did not have an loaners available and they would arrange for me to get a rent from Enterprise, the cost was $37.00 a day they would cover the $30.00 and I would just have to pay the $7.00 a day. I understand that everything has to be process but I am still making payments on my vehicle plus car insurance on a my car that is not in my possession right now. After a whole week of having to call them to find out what was going on with my car, I received a call on Monday stating that they had finally made arrangements to pick up a rental at Enterprise 16300 Heritage Blvd in Bowie, MD. I had to get it transferred to a closer Enterprise because it was too far, so they end up transferring it to Enterprise in Glen Burnie, MD. So I ended up picking up the vehicle, so yesterday after having to call to see what was going on with my car Shavon calls me after the fact, "Ms. Williams, I have good news your engine is here", I said I called and I was told that already. I went further and stated to her that I am really enjoying my rental and I might switch car companies altogether. She said what did you get, I told her that Enterprise gave me a Nissan Altima. Ourisman Hyundai in Bowie should communicate better with the customers or provide loaners from the lot, out of all the vehicle that they have that are not selling, it is not like I am trying to keep it. I already am making high car payments on a vehicle that has issues. This is not how to do business and I do not treat my family, my patients anyway the way I have been treated or inconvenienced. I am in the process of contacting my lawyer.

Sonata a truly great sedan
By John

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Sonata is a well kept secret. Great appearance, beautiful interior, fantastic instrumentation, terrific fuel mileage, handles wonderfully , what else can I say? I love this car.

Bang for your Buck
By Rachel C

2013 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had the car about two months, so this review may change. But so far I've been very happy with my 2013 Sonata. Got used with just under 65000 miles on it, still drives great. No major repairs on the CarFax, and nothing bothering me so far. Others have mentioned the steering--I don't have that problem. Granted, my car has a cushy life--I drive about 4,000 miles a year, almost all city. This car is great for a commuting car, very spacious and easy to clean. My one problem with my car is the driver's side door doesn't stay open AT ALL when I'm parked on a slope. Even on the barest hint of a hill and the door tries to close on me. That's more a wear-and-tear thing, than a design flaw, I think.

A Camry made with Corolla parts
By Carlos

2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a used ‘13 Sonata limited with 30k miles this year, first Hyundai ever out of 20 cars I’ve owned. Always shrugged Hyundai off as ugly fisher price junk, but decided to try something new after bad experiences with most of the major car brands. It’s not gorgeous, but certainly more handsome than anything domestic or Japanese thats being produced (in my price range) — if not a little less substantial where it counts (heavier doors, sound insulation, nicer quality leather, better electronics) things that make me think that Hyundai actually put some effort into the details, especially the top of the line model. I can let all of that slide, it’s a Hyundai. I enjoy driving it, but there are things that make me wish I never bought it. Engine and safety recalls aside, the biggest problems I have with the car are ones that I encounter every time I drive. The cabin is excessively noisy at freeway speed, AC is also very poor and excessively noisy while reducing engine power considerably. Ride quality is mediocre at best. Poor brakes, the height of the seatbelt anchor is way too low to where I have to pull the belt and reach awkwardly to latch it into the anchor. Seats are way too low to the floor and make entry/exit uncomfortable at best. Head space is non existent if you’re taller than 5’9”. Acceleration is acceptable but after 60 mph you might as well be Fred Flinstone. The biggest problem I have with this car that I can’t stress the most is the gas mileage. I am a cautious driver that does mostly freeway, and the best I can return is 22 mpg. (Btw, the car doesn’t average the MPG for you, you have to record it and do it yourself. The MPG gage resets after every fill up. Thanks Hyundai) For a modern mid sized 4cyl, 22 mpg is garbage, I mean, I get better mpg in my old v8 Infiniti q45 without Hyundai’s comfort quirks. The best parts about the Sonata are all electronic-related (Bluetooth, power driver seat, seat warmers, push to start) and are still rather poor. This car is meant to be nothing more than A to B transport while giving the illusion of being a better car than it actually is. I was expecting more, but I’m not completely disappointed. For the most part, it’s somewhat reliable and you can’t really ask for much more in a sub 20k used vehicle. I wanted to keep this car for a long time, but after the engine recall, I think I’ll be dumping it before (if) I hit 120k.