Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 618 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

I would like to support..
By Gyu jeong

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I would like to support Hyundai brand as myself being Korean...but I just can't. Engine, alternator and starter replaced after 50,000milese. Still having minor issues and it almost seems like hyundai engineered everything to only last 50,000 miles to cover their warranty. Avoid if you can.

Sally Sonata
By Sue

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just going to trade it in, sad.75K and still going strong!

I bought Hyundai Sonanata 2011 paint color is miss
By Nasser

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Make more noise and paint (color) is missing in roof and front I have these experiences

Junk
By GT

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hyundai missed the mark with the 2011. I have never had so many recalls in my life. Purchased as a used vehicle in 2013 with 29000 miles but horrible. At around 50000 miles I dealt with recalls for steering pump, engine, door locks, and the list goes on. I was told a had an oil leak that would cost over $2000 in repairs which, was found AFTER they supposedly replaced my engine during the recall campaign and added an extra 20,000 miles to the warranty. HOWEVER, I still dealt with Noisy ride, headlights constantly needed replacing brake repairs less than a year every year. Air doesn't get cool until you've arrived at your destination because you have to press the gas for it to get cool. It would not cool while car not in motion. Defroster did more fogging of the windows than clearing it for visibilty. Just throw the whole damn car away beacuse FINALLY, the engine has blown at 147,000 miles.

Garbage
By Karl

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Sonata Limited 2.0T in July 2014. Since then, I can’t count the times it has let me down. Steering. AC, brakes, turbo charger waste gate, etc. Latest problem is a blown blower motor and resister switch...no big deal unless you live in Arizona during the summer....this car is complete garbage.