Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 613 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!
By I hate Hyundai

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

When I first got this car it seemed fine, and now it’s been 4 years of problem after problem. First, the engine died on the interstate (before it was recalled). I had to get the A/C fixed, oil pump replaced, steering wheel sounds like it’s failing apart, cruise control doesn’t work, fuel door doesn’t open, paint is peeling in huge chunks, transmission is going out, tire pressure sensor is out, headlights SUCK, I basically LIVE with the check engine light on. Sure, gas mileage is great if my car can actually get me to my destination. Every day I wake up and wonder “will my car make it?” I have nightmares about being stuck with this car forever, but then I remember it probably won’t last another 1,000 miles. If you want a car that other people get into and say “what’s that noise?” Or “are you sure this is safe?”, then this is definitely the car for you!

Good Car BUT
By Larry Cox

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine replaced at 127,000 under warranty. Transmission failed and car had to be junked. Steering had to be replaced at 135,000. When working a good and comfortable car. Would buy another one if new.

Slick and Quick
By Charles M.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car and value

At 100k miles Feels Solid, Loud, and Uncomfortable
By Mickey

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Reliability, handling, safety and gas mileage are great. The car is so loud and uncomfortable that for me it is a deal breaker. But if you like the vibration and noise of an old road car with the acceleration of a four cylinder turtle then this is the car for you.

JFC
By Jim Campbell

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Hyundai may be an OK car but the 2011 Sonata was a very bad year. The blind spots are huge, the lights (all of them) continue to burn out very quickly. The engine had to be replaced (recall), and the transmission seems to be going out. The best thing about the car was the 100,000 mile warranty. It always took pushing to get things done at the dealership. There were a few times we had to take the car back two or three times with the same problem to get it fixed. The dealer has constant turn over in the shop which indicates, to me, poor management from the top. The car is a turbo charge and it blows black soot all over the back of the car, but the dealership tells me that is normal with all turbos. The also told me the car pulls to the right as a safety feature, just in case you go to sleep at the wheel. The folks at Cherokee Hyundai in Kennesaw should write children's stories because they are so creative with their stories.