Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 622 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Happy at 95k miles
By JR

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new. At 95k miles and it still runs good. Overall been very happy with it. Good gas, smooth and strong engine. The many recalls have been annoying but I have always been well taken care of at the dealership and payed no cost. Had to replace ac once and lights do go out often. Had one rim replaced with warranty and the another one is flaking of bad and need to be replaced. At 95 k miles I'm wondering if I should stick with the car.. I think I will for another 20k miles or so until the extended warranty runs out.

AC smell bad
By Jairo

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Since I bought a 2011 and 2012 sonatas smell bad as soon I start the AC and after 10 minutes the smell disappears

Beautiful car but never judge a book by its cover.
By Justin N.

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Let me first say the design of this car is gorgeous. Very sleek lines, premium appearance, great power but Hyundai has messed up big time with all the issues this vehicle has! I had to replace my engine on the car because it blew in the middle of be driving. I replace it and BANG! STILL problems from under the hood. Poor acceleration, sometimes no acceleration, Very loud engine sounds, engine lights not turning off even when everything have been replaced. I have put over $2,000 of work into this car and right when you fix it, something else pops up!! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR, IT IS MY WORST REGRET!

Not again
By Bill Richards

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a certified vehicle with 20,000 miles from a Hyundai dealer. The initial quality was very good. However the materials particularly in the interior are cheap. By right about 50K miles the rubberized coating on the steering wheel as well as window/door lock controls was coming off. Not by misuse as I keep my car meticulously clean but just because of poor quality materials. The paint on the factory aluminum wheels also started flaking off somewhere around this time. I had this car until 118,000 miles and replaced front brakes 3 times along with front ball joints twice. Also lets not forget the 8-10 recalls I had to drive to the dealer to have fixed. It's pretty clear why you can buy one of these for thousands and thousands less than a Toyota or Honda.

I would like to support..
By Gyu jeong

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I would like to support Hyundai brand as myself being Korean...but I just can't. Engine, alternator and starter replaced after 50,000milese. Still having minor issues and it almost seems like hyundai engineered everything to only last 50,000 miles to cover their warranty. Avoid if you can.