2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

Excellent vehicle so far - Large mid size car!!!
By SZ - Wisconsin

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Owned the car for 3 months and so far not a single problem. I have a long commute and the mileage has been great. While the Honda Accord says it get's better mileage the cost is quite a bit more!!??? Love the space - front and back seat and even the trunk with the battery is still very large. Wouldn't know the trunk is smaller, but the regular sonata's trunk is HUGE. The hybrid is big!!! Very comfortable. Some of the electronics - lane departure, collision warning a bit intrusive but better safe than sorry. Very good Car, plus the warranty as well as the lifetime warranty on the hybrid battery is wonderful. Only 8,000 but so far very happy.

2nd new 2016 limited ultimate in 9 months!!
By Dale

We originally purchased the car for my wife to drive. It quickly became her favorite car ever with the features she loved. Vented seats, blind spot warning, automatic high beams to name a few. The mileage was fantastic performing way over the estimates, 47 mpg combined. Of course, you had to drive for mileage but that isn't a problem. We pick up our new one next week since our first one was totaled by a person of questionable intelligence cutting 3 lanes of traffic on a busy road. My wife was bruised and sore, but she walked away from the wreck. The car did it's job in keeping her from further harm. I am a rather large person and am able to get into and out of the car quite easily (no tow truck or crane needed). The seats are comfortable front and rear with plenty of head and leg room. My personal vehicle is an F-150 crew cab but I don't protest taking the car on longer trips, especially at the gas pumps! We enjoyed the car so much her replacement is a twin except in color.

Great deal on 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited
By Michael

We have driven Prius and Prius V for the last 5 years. They are great cars with fantastic mpg. We were looking for a replacement hybrid and thought Hyundai might be it because of the reviews and features. Then we saw the sale of 2016s because the 2017s were coming in. We purchased a Limited for $24K. We wanted a car that was more comfortable and better at highway speeds. We looked at Accords, Camrys and Fusions. The Hyundai stood out because of the 2016 re-design. More room than the competitors and a great trunk. It actually has a large flat deck in the trunk. Comfort is outstanding with leather seats, lumbar support that can be moved up or down, and position memory. Heated and ventilated seats along with heated steering wheel are nice extras. The blind spot monitoring is great as well as the backup aid which lets you know if there is a car or someone approaching from the side as you back out of a space. Would like to have gotten the "Ultimate" tech package but I could not find it as dealerships had sold all they had. MPG is generally very good at 40 and acceleration to highway speeds along with solid feel are fantastic.

Great Value for the Money
By Lori Menicos

I traded in a 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE for this 2016 Sonata Hybrid Limited. I liked my Toyota but I love this Sonata Hybrid! It has features of higher end cars (ventilated seats, panoramic sunroof, etc). It rides almost like a luxury car and I'm getting 44 MPG around town and I've only had it a week. It's fun to drive too and has plenty of pickup. It was a great value for the price. I looked at and test drove a 2017 Camry Hybrid and a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid but the Sonata won out due to the price, features and handling.

Unreliable piece of crap
By Roman

This is a first time I had to bring a month old car to the dealership. Initial check says it's battery problem. It takes FOREVER to fix a problem. I made mistake buying Hyundai. Don't make the same mistake