Skip to main content

Save as much as $1,925
Select your trim:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy

E. S. , 02/05/2021
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy 4dr SUV AWD w/19-in Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I spent 4 weeks researching and finally made the decision to purchase a 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy. I've had it for about 3 weeks now. Although not a certified luxury SUV it certainly rivals the smooth ride and bells and whistles that luxury SUV's offer at about $10k - $15k less. I cannot rave enough about the vehicle. I previously had an Audi and Infiniti. The Santa Fe Calligraphy is super sleek inside and out. I feel so safe driving it because of all the safety and technological features. It's even semi-autonomous on the highway. Great warranty and 3 years of complimentary maintenance. Test drive one today if you haven't. You won't be disappointed. Wish list: I wish it had the 20 inch rims but they were on backorder. I wish the ambient lighting was also on the door panels and not just on the console and glove area. I wish it had a rotary control knob for the infotainment screen.

5 out of 5 stars

Rides like a luxury vehicle

H W Tillman, 01/23/2021
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

The 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe rides and handles like a luxury vehicle. It is so quiet inside and the new electronics rival anything I've seen in much more expensive vehicles.

Great Daily Driver

Josh , 01/29/2021
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I'm impressed with the amount of technology that they put in this ride. Lots of good stuff. I'm getting used to the 8 speed transmission. It really does get around when you need to. Plenty of power for a daily driver, cool enough looking for those who like some style, and plenty of room inside. Seats are comfortable, and the leather steering wheel is very nice to the touch. Lane keep assist and smart cruise control are ready to go and very easy to use. It's a pretty smooth ride. The infotainment system is pretty solid. Different drive modes are fun, and again it's a great ride. Easy to go too fast and not notice. The lights are one of my favorite features on the exterior. The T shaped drls are very cool and eye catching. I could go on and on about my new ride. I am obsessed!

Great experiences

Doug penn , 03/07/2021

This car is all that n more its like nothing I've ever driven or dreamed of. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in the upmost safety precautions n features out there

5 out of 5 stars

Great roomy midsize SUV for the money!

Dbal72, 07/09/2021
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 8AM)

I now have 2400 miles on my 21' Limited AWD. I skipped the Calligraphy model as the Limited has 95% of the content for a few thousand less and dealers were willing to negotiate more on Limiteds. Coming from a loaded 14' Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Was looking for a midsize 2-row with good room, features, reliability, some tow capacity, decent handling and gas mileage for reasonable price. I think the 21' Santa Fe Limited checks all the boxes. I waited to write this review until I had some miles on it and after break-in period. I cross-shopped Audi Q5, Acura RDX, Kia Sorento and Lincoln Corsair. I can afford any of these new, but I am not a pretentious person and badge prestige is not a big deal to me. Never thought a Santa Fe would end up in my garage, but I have to say I really enjoying this suv. I put about 15-20k miles a year on a vehicle, so having the right one is important. My Jeep GC was a good vehicle, but I had over 140,000 miles on it. If you are a driving enthusiast, you will enjoy the 2.5 turbo and Dual Clutch 8speed transmission. Shifts are very smooth and super quick. It takes a bit to get used to at crawling speeds as a dual clutch is different in how it operates vs. a normal torque converter trans. You can google it to read more about how they work. Q5 uses a DC as well. If you drive this in comfort or smart mode, the car drives smooth and easy with plenty of pull from the turbo. Sport mode raises the rpm some, holds shifts longer and tightens steering. I do wish the suspension also changed dampening with modes, but I get it at this price point. Dig into the throttle and you will feel the 311lb's of torque. Actually kind of funny how many types of cars you can take from a stoplight if you want to. I am getting great gas mileage on a mix of 50/50 driving. Averaging 25.1 overall and I like it uses regular as prices are climbing. I also give it some spirited runs in that average mpg. It rides very smooth and it very quiet on the highway. I have taken trips with cruise set at 80mph and it is an easy and quiet drive. I like the overall look of the vehicle and the interior changes for 21. Brings it more upscale without going crazy on design. I also prefer the push-button shifter and it opens up a lot of room for storing things below it. Honestly takes just a few day and you will be used to the push button. For the price this car has everything. You can read in the standard equipment what comes with it. The Limited does not have the Heads up Display, so if you want that, go with the Calligraphy. Not a big deal to me. The Harmon Kardon sound system is decent. Clear highs and decent midrange, but wish it had a larger sub for better bass tones and a little more depth overall. I like how you can customize your digital gauges with different looks. I also like the layout of the physical buttons on center stack. I can't stand when a car buries many simple functions deep with the touchscreen menus such as heated seat, steering wheel, etc. The touchscreen works well and menus are nice. Not the best and not the worst. I use apple carplay often for maps and other things. I like the wireless charger in this one. My wife has a 20' Highlander and you have to lay it on a pad in center console and hit a button to turn it on. It is finicky with certain cases as well. The Santa Fe charger you simply drop it into a slot and it immediately starts charging and can handle a variety of different phone sizes. I am 6'2" and I find the seats and driving position very comfortable. I like the powered thigh extender and lumbar as well. What is most surprising is the amount of cargo room and back seat legroom. This is 2" shorter than my GC and yet tops it in both. We had a couple recently ride in back and they were amazed at how comfortable and roomy it was. If you don't need three rows, this is one of the roomiest two-rows you will find for the overall size. The extra storage under rear cargo mat is nice too. The panoramic roof is larger than my GC as well and is really nice. I went with a rare darker gray/black interior on my limited. Harder to find, but really gives a nice contrast without the gray being too light. This can tow 3500lbs which has been nice for my smaller boat and utility trailers I pull from time to time. Also nice for my bike rack. This SUV also handles well in corners for its size and weight. It is no sports SUV obviously being 4,000lbs., but gives you just enough to make it fun sometimes vs. many boring driving suvs in this class. Brakes are very good and I was pleasantly surprised with that. It drives smaller than what it is which I also prefer. Overall, I am really liking it so far and have had zero issues or quality control items to address. If you are looking for a two-row midsize or even a smaller two-row I would cross-shop this due to the price. You get a lot for your money and you get Hyundai's long warranty. I will update in a year.

12345...15