2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Luv this vehicle
By Jeff Thomas

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Ultimate 2.4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

About a year ago I purchased the 2018 Santa Fe Sport Ultimate 2.0 Turbo and liked it no complaints. I got a call from the dealer about the new 2019 Santa Fe and come out and give it a try. I did and was blown away by the design, quality, feel, comfort. I first drove the 2.0 Turbo Ultimate and then the 2.4L Ultimate. I liked the 2.0T peppy and ready to go, however, the 2.4L was good with plenty of get up and go. After doing an extended drive this car hands down beats the 2018. The road noise was almost nill and it drove exceptional. All the neat features like head up display, massive glass roof, One of my favorite features is the top down 360 degree camera which makes parking easy and pulling in my garage even easier. The Hyundai dealer was exceptional and made the change from 2018 to 2019 painless with no increase in my current payment. Hyundai has a real winner in the new Santa Fe, now my wife wants one...DOH....

Best automobile I've ever Owned
By Jacob

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Ultimate 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Test drove ever single vehicle in the class and some outside the class and hands-down this mid-sized SUV stole the show. It has great styling, a great engine (I have the 2.0 Turbo), incredibly silent cabin even quieter than GMC Terrain or Acadia and Buick Encore or Enclave which make a claim to quiet cabins, and is perhaps the most comfortable to drive in vehicle out of all the cars and SUV's I've owned which include a 2012 Range Rover and 2008 Escalade. The visibility is better than most SUV's and the sheer number features on the highest trim (which is a price of some lower or mi-level trims on other SUV's) is unreal. The safety technology is amazing and the SUV is still, after a few months of ownership still amazing me. I really can't give it many faults. I would say I wish the underside of the dash and lower door sills was soft touch leather but that wouldn't be fair as this is an SUV you can get fully equipped, with AWD and all the features for around $35k. If this SUV had any other car makers badge it could easily be a high $40k vehicle. Last complaint, I picked mine up with a "trailer prep" package option but I had to have a hitch and wiring harness installed aftermarket (vehicle can tow 3,500lbs) but no towing package available or standard.

From Acura to Hyundai!
By Roger

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Ultimate 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The only thing that is somewhat negative about the redesigned Santa Fe is the hesitation starting off from a stop. However, you easily learn to adjust for that. The best thing about it is the electronics and active safety features. But the great thing about it is the MSRP is $8,400 less than the new 2019 Acura RDX Advance with AWD. There is an even bigger difference in purchase price. I owned a 2018 Acura RDX Advance AWD and the new Santa Fe is a lot better car in just about every respect. The 18 RDX averaged 23.5 mpg over 16.000 miles, so I won't be surprised if the Santa Fe ends up getting about the same mileage after break-in. And if it only averages 1 mpg less, that is only 28 gallons more over 15,000 miles. Not a big difference. By the way, that's actual miles driven (odometer) divided by gallons at the pump, NOT just the trip computer mileage. After driving the Santa Fe, reading reviews on both it and the 19 RDX, and given the price difference, I decided to not even drive the RDX. The other factor in not even driving the new RDX was my dissatisfaction with the 2018 RDX electronics, safety features and user interface and the reviews on the same issues with the 19 RDX. Finally, passenger and cargo space were key areas where the Santa Fe is clearly better.

surprise, no heated mirrors
By Dan

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 2.4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

Wedge style drivers seat pinches my seat, I didnt test drive long enough to feel that. Lane assist is confusing, and dangerous, i turned it off. How does such a modern car NOT come standard with heated mirrors? Lowest vent fan speed it too fast, needs slower speed. Owners manual not very helpful, written by lawyers. Hyundai needs to create videos showing how to use the vehicle.

noisy engine
By Melissa

2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SEL 2.4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 8A)

engine sounds rough when turned on. It almost sounds like a clicking noise. Dealer said it "normal".