2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

2018 Santa Fe sport ultimate 2.0T turbo Ultimate
By Clinton

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just buying this vehicle, haven't actually had enough time and miles to know about things like reliability, maintenance, resale value, and performance. I have done extended research on all of it's competitors, and one thing I find among my most important attributes is it's ability to handle slick wet or icy slick roads, including how well it handles getting up and down inclines. Seems the Subaru Forester beats everyone in this category. I am not satisfied with Subaru's track record on their head gasket issues though. although it seems it becomes an issue showing up as early as 80k miles but most commonly at 115k miles. Their fix seems to be adding their "stop leak to fix this issue". Since I plan on keeping this vehicle an extended period of time the Hyundai Santa Fe became my choice although Edmond's and Kelly BB rated others higher in their tests. They were comparing things that were not as important to me personally as the items that I was looking for in my new vehicle. I hope it lives up to my expectations since I've long been a Ford customer with a 15 year old F150 in excellent shape and 160k miles on it. I've owned many Fords, mostly trucks, and never been disappointed. Problem is they have gotten too proud of their vehicles and are pricing them out of the market for me. I also dealt with the same dealer for 30 years and when the owner retired another major dealership bought him out and all the people I've known for decades pretty much left. I had tires for life on my current truck and when the new owners took over they didn't want to honor the agreement any more. So, no loyalty to me.... i didn't feel any more loyalty to them. I went looking elsewhere for my new vehicle. I believe I will be pleased with the Santa Fe.

2018 Santa Fe
By Phil

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE Ultimate 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We love this vehicle, styling comfort and handling are all excellent.

Took a long time to find what I wanted
By Doug

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2018 Santa Fe se awd with the premium package. I started looking for this vehicle for a year before I bought it, but I could not find an awd anywhere in Texas and finally bought it in Illinois. The third row stays down unless needed, but I have used it several times and is very handy. drives great, and is quiet, handles well, mileage pretty good, and I could get better mileage, but I drive it. The warranty is great and has a great crash rating. It can tow up to 5000 pounds and is setup and ready for a bolt on hitch and the electric connections for a trailer are in the rear on the drivers side plug and play. It is near perfect for me size wise and if I go to the beach in heavy sand it has a good awd system which is on all the time. If the front wheels lose traction it automatically sends power to the rear wheels, and you can lock it into 4 wheel full time with the push of a button. Yes there are bigger faster suv's but they will cost almost twice as much and I would rather have 2 of these rather than a troublesome Audi or Bmw where service costs much more, more often, with less warranty and lower crash protection. It also has the ability to hold its value pretty well. I do have a couple of nits, one is a larger gas tank and another is I wish the second row would fold flat. All in all great vehicle very comfortable.

Good Drivetrain
By Red

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I like this Hyundai SUV because of the reliable 3.3L V6 "naturally aspirated" engine and 6 speed "conventional transmission". The good Hyundai warranty also influenced my decision to purchase.
In the future you may not have a choice other than a CVT transmission and a small engine with a whinny turbo.

Santa Fe Satisfction
By Steve LBC

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Limited Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first suv/crossover I've ever owned. Always a luxury sedan person,this time I decided to get something different. I compared Ford and Mazda before settling on the Santa Fe. All three are solid drives and my decision came down to price, user friendly dash instrumentation and seat comfort. The back support on the Santa Fe is excellent. And the 10 yr bumper to bumper warranty (add'l $2200) made it an easy call. The Santa Fe V6 turbo is quick off the stop and accelerates effectively when summoned. The turning radius is great. Handling is just average but I've never felt the need to take corners at 50 mph so it didn't factor heavily in my decision. The gas mileage is a solid 22 mpg on average and my city/highway ratio is 80/20.