Skip to main content

Select your model:

WORSE CAR PURCHASE IN MY LIFE

Honda no more Hyundai, 01/07/2017
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am writing this review so that others are warned about the product Hyundai is selling. I traded in my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport today. I was the first and only owner, I purchased it in June 2013. I had the tech package, panoramic sunroof, no turbo. The engine on this vehicle went bad in November 2016 and Hyundai put a new engine in the car. Around mid June 2016 the vehicle started running out of oil constantly. There was not a leak but Hyundai could not find a problem. I NEVER MISSED A MAINTENANCE and took care of this vehicle. Then one day, black smoke came out of the tail pipe and I left the engine intersection in a black smoke cloud. I was SO embarrased. I took the car to Hyundai and they said the engine was bad. The car is 3 years old. Shake my head! Hyundai keep the car for ONE MONTH and replaced it. In less than two week of getting it back, it ran low on oil again. I immediately decided to get rid of this car before it caught on fire or the new engine went bad. I read many stories online of complaints about the Sante Fe during the month I didn't have the vehicle so I was concerned the new engine may not fix the problem. BTW, the hyundai service department guy let me know the new engine cost them $12,000. I guess they aren't concerned about how much buying a $28,000 lemon has cost me. I traded in the cross over for a 2017 Honda CRV and I am so happy to have that Hyundai off my hands. Everything was covered by warranty but Hyundai can't fix the vehicle but it's unsafe. I feared something really bad would happen and I wouldn't even have anything to trade and still have purchase a new vehicle. I will never consider Hyundai and their warranty is pretty much useless.

4 out of 5 stars

3 out of 5 stars

long gone 1

cpc4, 10/09/2013
updated 04/10/2016
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 5000 miles since the Dec. 15th 2013 purchase and so far so good. I have had no steering issues at all that I keep reading about. I gave up my 2006 4runner 4.7l V8 with 95000 miles that I loved, to get better gas mileage and 22 city and 30 hwy is great out of this 2.4l . The only issue , so far is the loss of power for a split second or 2 that only happens at an idle when Im getting read to pull out in traffic or say make a left turn. You start to depress the throttle only to have nothing happen for that second or two,quite disturbing for that short moment.This has happened 4 times and the pattern seems to be only on 95+ degree days after 16 months of ownership the dash was making a cracking sound over uneven pavement . Traded the car with less than 10,000 miles on it, I was dissapointed to say the least with the interior build quality........

3 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4.88 out of 5 stars

My new car!

ltckathy, 08/14/2013
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought my first new car in 28 years! I had been looking at the Santa Fe SUV for 2 years. Matt was great and very informative and I was able to secure a very good deal.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Issues with Santa Fe 2013

fbarrado, 04/07/2013
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought our Santa Fe 2013 in Canada mid Sept 2012. We have experienced many issues after 6 months and 14,000 km (8,700 miles): 1) warning of fuel cap open (fixed after 2 visits) 2) noise on steering column could hear it when stopping the car, part ordered and changed problem solved 3) leather steering wheel cracked, changed warranty, 2 complaints) 4) driver seat was loose, it seems to be a widespread problem (fixed 3 months) 5) Recall of rear camera:risk of fire, fixed 6) Mix mileage is poor, best achieved was 8-10 km/l, not solved (Hyundai Fuel program: card with CAD$42/6,000km a big joke) 7) Found today water leak on driver side below the dashboard. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Superb in Many Ways , But......

peekaboo, 09/01/2013
Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

For me this vehicle has one major shortcoming. The front passenger seat does not flip forward to provide added length for carrying extra long items, such as 8ft. lumber. I previously owned a 2006 Hyundai Tucson and the back rest of the front passenger's seat inclined forward all the way into a flat position which allowed me to conveniently carry 8 ft. lengths of stock with the rear door closed. Not having the ability to do it on my Sante Fe is a major oversight by the Hyundai developmental Engineering group. I'm confident that there are many owners out there who share my displeasure over this incapability. After all, The Sante Fe sport is a cross between a car and a truck.