2020 Hyundai Palisade SUV Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $3,931
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

From 2015 Lexus RX 2020 to Palisade Limited

David Maedgen, 08/29/2019
Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Purcahased a 2wd Limited with beige interior and grey exterior. Was considering Honda Pilot elite, Toyota Highlander platinum, 2017 certified Lexus RX and 2018 certified Infiniti QX60. All my considerations could be bought for mid 40k. Have had my palisade 4 weeks and put 2000 miles and don’t have any regrets. First the cons- black carpet shows every speck of sand and dirt(miss the beige carpet in my old Lexus), rear windows are no auto up and down, had to pay full sticker price(which I have never done before), dealer overinflated tires to 50psi. Now here is why this is the best SUV at any price. Ride and handling are better than any Lexus or Infiniti, safety features literally make you a better driver- lane keep, cross traffic alert is super impressive, radar cruise is scary good, surround view is perfectly precise, sound system rivals symphony halls, cabin quiteness(when tires are properly inflated at 35psi) is impressive, seat coolers are astonishing and the list can go on for a lot longer. This vehicle is a true market disrupter. Hyundai is doing to Toyota what Toyota did to GM. This car is too good to be sold as a Hyundai, it could easily be an Audi and command a $70k price. After a month and 2000 miles, I believe it will be more reliable than any European car.

Excellent vehicle with too many safety features...

JC Potter, 11/29/2019
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Like a couple people on here, the Palisade is LOADED with safety features that sometimes just plain get in the way of normal driving. The adaptive cruise control slows the car to the speed ahead of you and when you get into the passing lane to overtake, the vehicle slows even further before speeding up to your set cruise speed in a kick down jerky move. Irritating. I've never been a fan of "stop-start" at lights where the engine shuts off and then restarts when you place our foot back on the gas. Another, not smooth operations. The car tends to lunge when the starter re-engages and starts the car. Luckily, there is a button to shut this feature off, BUT you have to do it every time you get in the vehicle. It's not set it and forget it. Speaking of set it and forget it...the Palisade has an "AUTO" head light indicator on the stalk for auto dimming headlights. Unfortunately you have to push the stalk forward to the "bright" setting in order to activate the feature... AGAIN every time you turn the car on. What's the point of the "Auto" setting on the stalk if you have to physically activate it every time?? Another miss on Hyundai's designers is the fact that this almost $50 grand vehicle does not come with power folding mirrors! You can't even get them on the Palisade Limited as an option, but for some reason you can get them on a $15K Elantra...that's just dumb and ridiculous. Features that I absolutely love are the heads-up display which includes EVERYTHING going on with the vehicle ..from Blind Spot Monitoring, Cruise, Navigation, Speed, Speed Zone Signage, radio...it's all there, directly in front of you. You're also able to pick colors and and position of your heads- up display. Love it! Another Limited feature I love is the turn signals. Your tach becomes a camera view when you turn left and your MPH gauge becomes a camera view when you turn right. Very handy in traffic and even during freeway driving. This feature is only available on the Limited and I give it a 10! Seating is comfortable all around and there's enough cup holders and USB charging ports for 8 plus people. The HVAC is very good and keeps temperatures in the cabin consistent throughout. The LED headlights are a absolute dream and shine brighter than my BMW adaptive HIDS which I thought at the time could never be beat...these beat it by AAALOT. The engine is only adequate for the size and heft of this vehicle and I'm hoping future models will incorporate a turbo version of this engine. It needs it. Especially if you're going to tow anything close to it's rated 5000# towing capacity. That all being said, you're not going to find a more luxurious SUV at this price point anywhere. I shopped the new 2020 Explorer ($62K!!), Toyota Highlander ($48K) and Chevy Traverse ($52K). Also looked at the sister of the Palisade, Telluride, but I preferred the Palisade interior and exterior design a little bit more. One last parting concern about this vehicle is a TSB that just came out for the prop shaft in the AWD models. Unfortunately, my Palisade has the dreaded "shake" between 63MPH and 75MPH which has effected the early production models built April 2019 - July 2019. I'll do an update to this review after my experience trying to get this issue resolved. It looks like Hyundai has decided to try road balancing tires first and checking alignments which do not fix the problem. I believe they all suffer from unbalanced or bent prop shafts in the AWD system and the only solution is replacement. We'll see what happens!

Best decision we ever made

Push W., 07/30/2019
SEL 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

My wife and I researched SUVs like a PhD student doing a thesis. We were ready to buy in January but decided to wait on the Palisade. Boy was that the right decision. We've had it for one week now and we love it. The interior feels high-end and is thoughtfully designed. It really feels like you are in the cockpit of a luxury car without the hefty price tag. The exterior has a unique design and it stands out in a very good way. It attracts the attention of people everywhere we go and they ask us about it. The SEL trim is the best value for your money. We bought it fully loaded at that level. The bigger screen is nice and it has built-in navigation with real-time traffic. BlueLink allows us to remotely start the vehicle and track diagnostics. My wife really wanted ventilated seats but SEL doesn't have it but with remote start the vehicle can be cooled before you come out of the office and get in for your commute home. Don't pay a penny above MSRP, we were quoted $3000 above and we simply said no and they agreed to MSRP. I can go on and on about the features but you should experience it yourself by test-driving. It's a treat to drive it everyday. Update on March 25th (After owning it for 9 months): I'm downgrading my star rating from 5 to 4 for one reason, the wind noise issue from the drivers side. At around 60 MPH (not all the time), depending on how strong the crosswinds are, you will hear an air leak sort of sound. It is annoying to say the least. The dealership said that Hyundai issued a bulletin and the fix was to replace my side view mirror. After waiting for the replacement for a month and a half, I was told that Hyundai has stopped repairs on the wind noise issue. The guy said that Hyundai haven't nailed down the proper fix yet. It is disappointing to spend 45k and have a vehicle with a wind noise issue but the good news is that if you hit the recycle air button, the wind noise is reduced by about 95%. You barely notice it after that. I still think this SUV is amazing and a great value for the price. Let's just hope they fix this issue on their 2021 model. March 2021 update: It's been almost 2 years since we bought it and we still love it! No regrets whatsoever.

Lot a bang for the buck@

Tracey, 01/09/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

A few months ago the hubs and I were in the market for a new vehicle, which is something we don't purchase very often. My previous car was purchased over 10 years ago (Hyundai Veracruz), still in decent shape, but had no technology or bluetooth. We were on a mission to find a new car that had all the technology, 3 row seats, lots of comfort for road trips, etc.... The bar was set high with my husband purchasing a new Audi Q8 earlier in the year. We test drove everything on the market, Mercedes, Volvo, Lexus, Infiniti, Range Rover, Ford, Lincoln, Volkswagen, etc... The irony is that in most of the high end vehicles, the technology was either cumbersome or flat out didn't work (or completely missing altogether). On a test drive for a Range Rover, the voice recognition failed to understand my most basic commands. The Lexus and Infiniti did not have Android Auto/Apple Carplay and/or the navigation required a lengthy menu to step through in order to use. The Lincoln and Ford had decent technology, but the seats were uncomfortable although the Lincoln boasted an 18 point seat adjustment. The interior also looked more like a truck inside vs. a luxury vehicle. The Volvo only came in a 4 cylinder engine which sounded like a rental car when driving. So with the aforementioned said, I ended up with the Hyundai Palisade! The Palisade had nearly everything the Audi Q8 did and then some (with the exception of seat massagers and folding mirrors, but has options the Audi doesn't have either.) If you are in the market for a new vehicle, and can get past the "Hyundai" label, you definitely want to check this out. There are too many options to mention them all, but the Palisade has some of the most advanced technology that works (an easy command of "restaurants near me" and a list appears, or "Call Bob and it dials Bob). Also, driver assistance package, heated and cooled seats front and back rows, heated steering wheel, back up and forward viewing cameras, turn signal lane view...no more turning your head behind you to change lanes, etc... remote car start that will warm your seats and set the temperature inside the car prior to getting in, vehicle car location, vehicle status, etc.... I waited a few months to share my thoughts so as to get a few months of use in before giving it the official thumbs-up. And no, Hyundai is not paying me for my feedback and/or an endorsement! Ha! When you find a product or service that exceeds your expectations, you can't help but want to share it with others. I did purchase the Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD, in Steel Graphite with beige Nappa leather interior and suede headliner. She's a beauty!

Luxury vehicle for regular price

CarAnalyzer, 07/31/2019
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

The Palisade is by far the best medium size 3 row SUV out there. Not only by comparing to the highlander, Telluride, Explorer etc but also when compared to Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln and Acura. Our previous cars are BMW and Mercedes. We believe in quality and piece of mind and always stuck with 'luxury brands'. We keep our cars for 5-7 years so always prefer to buy new from the dealership for the warranty. Our first experience with Hyundai was purchasing Hyundai Tuscon for our daughter a couple of years ago. Was and still is a very positive experience; reliable, great service, safe and comfortable for what our daughter needed. Before buying the Palisade, we researched every 3 row model in the market. We immediately narrowed our choise to medium size 3 row and not the large size so I am not comparing the Palisade to the Lincoln Navigator but rather Lincoln Aviator. The considerations for us are: 1. Safety 2. Reliability (how often will it break and how will the manufacturer and dealership handle the issue). For a new car it is based on past performance and not the specific model. 3. Interior luxury and comfort (including road noise) 4. Technology (how advanced to how many USB ports) 5. Exterior look - obviously more of a personal taste. 6. Drive performance (for the SUV, we are not looking for a street racer but strong enough to keep you safe. Sometimes you need acceleration to complete a pass and stay safe). 7. Price (while the Palisade offers GREAT value, this was important but not in the top 5 for us). The Palisade 261 points out of a maximum of 280 points. That was the highest score for us with second place being the Lincoln Aviator with 224 points. The Palisade scored in the 1st or 2nd spot in all categories. With the obvious comparison to the Telluride, we prefer the outside look of the Telluride but the inside luxury of the Palisade is several levels above the Telluride and is truly up there with top 'Luxury ' brands. Safety features includes every passive and active technology that exists. With less than 100 miles that we drove the car. It is obvious that Hyundai spent a LOT of time designing the interior. From the already advertised multiple USB plugs to things like being able to fold the 3rd row seats from the driver seat using the infotainment screen (we purchased the AWD Limited trim). Ride is smooth and quiet. Handling is superb. Lots of space on the inside but doesn't feel like driving a tank. Technology includes every feature you can think of. Touch Screen is responsive and very fast. Every feature is configurable from the setup menu. As for price, it is truly a bargain. I have e no doubt that next year they will price it higher. They also don't try to upsell any features. When you buy the limited trim every option is already included. Even the basic trim has lots included. Hyundai could have easily put the Genesis logo on the Palisade and charge at least 20k more. Highly recommended

12345...19