Used 2018 Hyundai Kona SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Kona for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Still Greatly Appreciate 2018 Huyndai KONA SEL suv

George in Washington, 04/24/2018
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

As of April 2020 we still like our Kona. It has been fine and has not had any difficulty. The 2018 Huyndai KONA SEL suv without contrasting roof looks good and drives like a charm. The ride and comfort of the KONA is unusual in this sub-compact segment. We werre really surprised when we went to see it two weeks after hearing about. Purchased it at the second dealer we visited. It was a same day deal. It beat out a huge discount on Ford Escape, a larger vehicle. Over the last year we had looked at Honda HR-V, Toyota CH-R, Mazda CX-3, Nissan Juke, Jeep Compass, Chevy Trax and Buick Encore. For our purposes the 2.0 L base engine is fine. I did notice the cargo and passenger rating is an additional 860 pounds. Traded in a 2015 Honda Fit EX-L Navi. The Kona has Android Auto which when used with a Android smartphone will handle the Navigation aide task just fine. I appreciate the variaty of four trim levels and additional optional equipment being available for those that choose to upscale. We are fine with a SEL. I'm a 6 foot 3 420 pound senior citizen and the comfort, legroom and headroom UP FRONT is just fine. The front shoulder room is fine. The rear seats are restricted. The front doors are easy to get in and out. Defintely appreciate the standard warraanty.. traction control is fine. safety aides are controllable and not a nuisance. Greatly appreciated.

Love this car!

Jean Haddon, 05/31/2018
Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I have high praise for everything I've experienced with this car, having had it for only six weeks. The safety features are fantastic, especially the glass pop up screen that tells me my speed, shows me cars approaching on either side of me, and shows me my next navigation turn. It holds the road like a champ. It does everything automatically -- turns my lights on and off, turns the brights on and off, and runs the windshield wipers at whatever speed the rain requires. The electronics are a bit complicated, but very exciting once you've mastered them. (Love that it charges an i-phone 8 or higher by just lying it on the shelf under the dashboard.) I'm a senior and feel that this car makes me a far safer driver. It won't let me make a mistake. It beeps at me for everything from wandering out my lane to leaving my keys in the car. Navigation is not as good as Google maps, but I use it anyway as I like having my turns crop up on the glass panel. Also, really crowded in backseat with grandkids' babyseats. Think this new model offers a huge value for the price.

Kona Ko's The Competition

Steve BC, 06/20/2018
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The 2018 Hyundai Kona is a must have for budget concious, style seeking and overall performance buyers. I have mine for about 4 weeks now and the smoothride and the perfect height to get out of the vehicle ( not to low ...not to high) reaffirms my decision to go with this vehicle. I have the SEL version which includes Sirius radio and a bunch of safety features. I can recommend this vehicle without any reservation!

Can't wait to drive it in the snow!

JamieNE, 07/11/2018
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love the car so far. It has plenty of cargo space for what I need, the front seats are super comfy. The only problem I have is the visibility at night. The low beams are nice and bright but pointed too low. If you're any more than 2 seconds behind someone, too close for high beams, there is a big black void between you and the car you're following. I'm going to see if they can be adjusted a bit higher. I live in a mountainous area, the roads aren't level, the headlights are pointed directly at the road so it's hard to see what's standing on the road. Like moose and deer. Update- I've driven in the snow. A lot. Winter started here mid-November this year. It's great! It glides through 8-10" like nothing. I thought I'd be stuck in my driveway in the super slushy, heavy, icky "snow" up past the license plate with a thick coating of ice underneath, and nope, didn't skip a beat.

My First Hyundai!

Sam, 01/04/2019
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

As a "Baby Boomer" who favors practical cars over "flash" cars these days, the Hyundai Kona fills many of my current requirements. It's not fast, but fairly reliable; It doesn't have a leather interior, but that's OK; and It does have ample storage space with the back seats folded down. One of the main features is that it sits and feels like a full-sized car in a compact configuration, with a high roof. It really is too new to discuss reliability or car maintenance, but these should not be a problem. I only have three issues with this car: (1) The motor should have a larger option than the 2.0L version, (2) it doe not come with a sunroof, and (3) this car is unbearably noisy - especially in heavy rainfall or storms. The noise of the rain hitting the roof of the cabin becomes deafening! Really the acoustics could stand a great improvement - especially compared with other competitors in this class. So I guess this car hit the mark for its target audience, but with just a little more of an upgrade option, and better noise deadening technology for a quieter cabin, this car would satisfy the requirements of a wider audience.

12345...11