Used 2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Class and Luxury!
By Karen

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Great car for the money! Wonderful ride, rich interior and solid performance. Technology lacking in the 2012 model. Bluetooth won’t stay programmed and backup camera view is minimal compared to today’s cars. Would still recommend it. Would definitely buy another Hyundai!

2012 Genesis
By Bill L

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Only complaint I have is that the update to the GPS navigation system is not via cd or wireless and I was quoted a cost of about $325 to update. I use my I-phone to get addresses GPS doesn't have, a minor inconvenience but not worth $325 to correct.

Ain't your Father's Genesis
By GS McDermid

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I was a dye hard in the wool Lincoln Town Car Fan, my last couple being a 2004 & 2010. Then they sent us searching elsewhere by discontinuing the Town Car. I was forced to shop elsewhere. It was my 13 year old son who introduced me to the Genesis. A single test drive in a 2012 Genesis 4.6 sedan and half way through I was asking if they had 2! My banker called it the corvette killer! I've actually had a vette, and that's a whole different world - let alone car. That is in no way a slight to my Genny! She is a beast, both a technology wizard, but with the old fashioned gumption to back it up!

Happy buyer!
By George Scott

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

If you're looking for a luxurious ride without the luxury price tag, this is the car for you. I love it!

Bought used with 35K miles - been in the shop
By Frustrated Genesis Owner

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)

Stuff breaking that should not be on a car with 35K miles. Electronic door lock actuator dead. Fueling venting system plugged (charcoal canister). Dealer has been very slow. 3 days to debug car, oops didn't order the parts. All parts have to be ordered, nothing is in stock. Repeated trips to dealer, forget the dealer shuttle ---- slow. When I have worked with GM and Nissan/Subaru dealers the car is fixed quickly and correctly, not seeing this with Hyundai.