2014 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Great car for the money.

2014 Hyundai Elantra - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great car for the money.
By schbullitt on

2014 Hyundai Elantra Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I now have approximately 28,000 miles on the car. My only complaint is the way the transmission is overly programmed for gas mileage. When the trans. upshifts, the rpm's drop down too much and you lose the torque. If you shift manually the rpm's do not drop so much. Also, when you go to downshift, say to pass another car, you have to depress the gas pedal a lot and this usually causes the trans. to downshift at least two gears. When I go to pass, I use the manual mode which, again, works much better. All in all, a great little car, especially when you factor in the cost and what you get for the money. I would definitely buy another Elantra.

• Road holding
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

• Shifting

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By d28acoustic1
on 07/15/14 22:23 PM (PDT)

The tire reviews are no joke. I can tell you from personal experience they do not handle in snow at all. If the tires get about a year of use on them, they do not even move in the snow.

By mml1
on 11/19/14 18:17 PM (PST)

Bought my sport a couple weekends ago. First thing I did was order snow wheels/tires. Second thing I did was a 1200 mile road trip. Awesome little car for the money. I wasn't sore at all after driving straight through, and netted around 36-37mph with a brand new Sport that isn't broken in. Car is tight, quiet, and just super. I'll be buying better summer tires when the factory ones wear out...