Used 2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

List Price
$90,000

Used Elantra for Sale
Select your model:

Great for high mileage drivers

Renee, 05/25/2010
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car "new" (it was a demo car with 160,00 KM on it) in 2005. Currently, it's traveled 300,000 KM (just over 200,000 miles) with only maintenance service so far. I had to service the clutch at 250,000 km - and have had the breaks done 2x (unfortunately full replacement due to the salted roads in Canada). As far as reliability goes it's been an awesome car for me, though it's not luxurious, it does get the job done!

2005 Hyundai Elantra Review

md2011, 05/19/2011
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

1st hyundai purchased. Such a good car ended up buying two more hyundais 09 and 11 elantra! Bought this car after it was leased in Dec 05. Have this car over 5 years and never have been disappointed. Only service needed Made (Jul 04)is: Standard oil changes, replaced front brakes, first set of tires @ 30k and a new battery @30k The car has never broke down on us has been very reliable. MPG is good not great very heavy car for the size. We can get 24mpg out of it combined. Tons of features for a low price. For a economy car it is very spunky and has nice handling smooth on the road even rough roads. Pros: Great value, reliable Cons: AM Radio reception poor Awesome Car!

Air Bag Did Not Deploy

NJCommuter, 06/10/2008
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Hyundai Elantra and stupidly rear-ended someone. After the impact I sat there staring at the “AIR BAG DEPLOYED” flashing light and wondered where the bag was. Thank God I didn’t need it. Can you imagine if I had needed it what would have happened. Beware and get this equipment checked. I’ll never own another Hyundai. The Elantra was my second and had two bad experiences. Never again.

Better then expected

mirecku, 03/09/2009
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in 2005 equipped with abs/tcs and 5m. 70,000 miles at this time with no Major problems. Been twice in small accidents, repaired fast and inexpensive. Stereo and speakers not good enough for me, but not really bad. We drive the car mostly in suburban areas in upstate NY averaging 26-29 mpg, 32-38 mpg highways, depending on a drivestyle. Traction control combined with winter tires makes car driveable even during big snowstorms, no problems with snow so far. Also very good for long trips, seats are comfortable, driver`s with lumbar support, armrest in good position, roomy in back seats. Almost no rattles, over 3000 rpm you can hear the engine more, aerodynamic noise is low, good for money

Many problems

Brian, 03/18/2009
GLS SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 3 years, bought it new. Have had many problems with seat back falling off, its been replaced five times and still not fixed (first happened three months after I got the car, on my second coolant leak, cylinder in clutch needed replaced, glove compartment handle fell off, cloth came off the center console, power mirror switch replaced twice, and seat frame has been replaced three times. I would not recommend buying any Hyundai. I have been going through trouble trying to get my whole seat replaced with someone from the Hyundai central office.