Used 2004 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...59

Pros
Cons

2004 Hyundai Elantra

tlc51, 05/19/2011

I purchased my elantra 5 years ago second hand with almost 40k on the clock. In the time that i have been driving this vehicle it has performed very well. Trips to Queensland and other parts of N.S.W. and on quite a few occations towed a trailer or a caravan with this car with no faults at all but only recently replaced the starter moter. had all the servicing done accoding to the log book and had the timming belt relaced . and now in may of 2011 i have only done 125,000. ks I did have a bit of trouble with the remote to unlock and lock the car as the warrenty was comming to the end and was charged for the recharge of another remote . but inall it has been my best car yet .

best car I ever had

mbarwick1, 09/25/2014

Brought July 2004 have how done 240,000 km always been reliable and very cheep to run just changed normal thing tires,brakes,radiator and clutch. I would buy another Elantra when I can afford it.

The Elantra is the Best!

Hector/Hector, 09/19/2003

The Elantra outperfroms all cars in it's class except one, The Toyota Corolla. The Elantra does not outperform the Corolla but ties it! The Elantra has a higher top speed then all cars in it's class! Since I;ve been driving my car, it gives me a reason to drive. The interior is welcoming and secured. The exterior has a sexy European look. Since Oct. 2000 I have never had any problems with my 2001 Hyundai Elantra. Not only do you get more than just an ordinary car, but you also get an unordinary warranty! 10years/100,000 miles on the engine!! Now, that's tight! Pick the Elantra, it is guaranteed to be the best choice in the class!

Great except for gas economy for size

jobber1, 05/14/2011

I bought it new and now have 162 K on it. Nothing's been required beyond standard maintenance. I have never had any problems with it and it is fun and comfortable to drive (and I am 6'10"). I have owned a 1972 Fiat 124 sedan (auto), 1982 Toyota Tercel (stick), 2001 Honda Accord (auto), 1974 VW Rabbit (stick), diesel 1980 VW Dasher (stick), and a 4-cyl. 1989 Dodge Spirit (stick!). I would rank this Elantra up with any of them ... except for gas economy. The fuel economy is disappointing, but to fair, it does get what the sticker said it would (around 30 hwy). That was like worst of its class that year. (The 2011 Elantra is best! Oh well.) I love my Elantra.

Farewell, old friend

avhelp, 08/03/2012

Someone once told me machines don't have a soul. I disagree. My Hyundai took me to work and happy places, safely and always got me home. We logged 131K miles together, and it just got to the point where it got tired. Life had been perfect except for a battery at 100K. Now, at 131K, We needed new struts,shocks, breaks, timing belt, water pump, CV joints, tires and headlight glass. With all that mileage, how much longer could we go on before something big broke? I took the repair money and bought it's cute cousin, the SOUL. I know the Kia and Hyundai family are as one, so I am looking forward to more far off trips to enjoy. Thank you, Blue Hyundai, for taking me to and from safely.

12345...59