Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra GT for Sale
Select your model:
1...123456

Pros
Cons

Doesn't Go In The Snow

Joe Vitiello, 11/09/2016
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

It was a nice car, maybe a bit small for my needs even with the rear seat folding down. But my decision on not to buy it came from on-line reviews of current owners stating that "The Hyundai Elantra GT is very difficult to drive in snow. Hard to get traction even with snow tires." So it indicated to me that the car is too light for snow conditions even though it is front wheel drive with the engine weight located over the front drive wheels/tires. One person had to change not only all 4 tires to snow tires, but indicated he had to replace the rear struts with heavy duty name branded struts in order to get it to drive in the snow. I understand this condition as my daughter had a 2008 Mazda 3 that even with snow tire was very difficult and challenging to drive in the snow even with expensive snow tires (all 4 tires).

Great Little Car

Tahoedirt, 08/10/2016
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm single with a medium sized dog- We both love the car. I bought a salvage title (from small accident) and stole this guy at almost half price !! Mine only has 15k miles and I've only driven 1500 of that, so it's early on for a review, but I can't find fault anywhere. There's one detail I'll mention- I like to sit up a little higher and I'm 6-3, so I use a foam pad. I don't like sitting down inside a car and prefer to be on top of things. New note- Don't like the suspension- It's cheap and doesn't hold the road well. Headlights also way too low ar factory setting

Perfect little clown car. Love it!

Shopalot, 02/26/2017
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Even though I was on a budget for this car, I still wanted my usual extras and that happened purchasing a pre-owned Elantra GT. It's relatively small but quite the little power bullet that I enjoy driving. If you're very tall this vehicle may not be the one for you. It has a lumbar drivers seat but it could be a lot more comfortable seating. Get a lumbar back cushion, it worked for me.

Great hatchback. Great car for the money.

Walter lewis, 02/07/2018
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

One of the better cars I have bought. Very easy to use electronics. User friendly. Seats could be a bit more plush. These are very firm which means will hold up well but would rather have Ricarro (sp)? Type seats. Mine has 7 inch screen and upgraded stereo system which I havnt seen in any other GTs? Dealer doesn't know why other GTs are a bit different than others? Controls are a bit different also? Bought new and no other among 50 or so was like mine. Makes it hard to valuate tho. Going to buy new 2019 Veloster if I like, when it comes out later this year. The Turbo model. Has all the latest assist technology which I like (getting old, you know)

Flawed design disables Cruise Control & other

David Mortaz, 08/25/2018
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this Hyundai brand new in 2013 for my daughter's college car after test driving a few other hatch backs such as Mazda 3 and Honda. The value appeared to be there but after 5 years we are realizing the car is NOT as good as Japanese made cars that we have owned!! In fact, the poorly designed of Horn squeezes the Connector for the Cruise Control and it has stopped working! I believe this design has not disabled the Air Bag circuit with the Air-Bag indicator light is now ON all the time. This is a serious safety issue and since the Air Bag would not deploy during an accident. In short, Hyundai's "poor design" and "cheap materials" to keep the cost down which has impacted the overall quality of the car. We very much doubt we will buy another Hyundai and won't recommend it.

Average car, Nothing Special

Ed J., 06/11/2019
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Good car for the money. Great for getting around the city and parking. Quality interior. Not very comfortable for long trips on highway. Front brake rotors rusted badly and were making noise. Was told by Hyundai that rotors rusting is not covered under their warranty, car had only 32,000 miles. Brake rotors should not rust that badly with that mileage. Bought aftermarket rotors with coating and have had no further rust problems. Hyundai brake rotors have bad rating on internet for premature rust and warping. Mileage is poor for a car that small. My wife likes it but I would never buy another. There are much better choices out there like the new Mazda 3 hatchback and the Honda Civic hatch back. They are much better cars for the money.

1...123456