Used 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Elantra GT for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

I like the car but am disappointed in the mileage

bberszoner, 10/16/2012

I have had the car for a couple of weeks and and like lots of things, but a few negatives stand out: (1) the review of the car say the auto transmission is a little lackluster - that is true; (2) the stated mileage is 28/39, but I'm getting 26 with a fair bit of highway driving, so I no longer believe it's possible. What else isn't true?

Pleasantly surprised

bigal11, 07/17/2012

This brand has come a long way. Great commuter. Not as refined in suspension as my '12 Jetta TDI but very good. MPG on 2 tanks: 38 and 41, better than the Jetta diesel. Easy 6sp to train newbies. Interior, Bluetooth, infotainment jacks, also surprises me. Nice to know my kid won't be tempted into texting at the wheel. I bought it for my daughter to finish High school and go to University. 100K waranty makes me feel much better about that. I simply can't think of a better choice for my purpose.

Love this car, but...I no longer own this car...

cafiestase, 04/06/2013
PZEV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Elantra...wow, what a difference. The other was a 2008 SE. This has more power, ride is much better. My one is a big difference for the and the wife and I fell in love with lines and the "Red", I mean "Red". I am looking for better mileage, but I only have 1,800 miles on the clock. My last car was a 2011 Ford Fiesta W/6-speed trans that need work at 30K, so we traded it for the Elantra GT, even so, when ever I traveled for over 100 miles, I got a min. of 40mpg so where is the 37mpg Hyundai???

Elantra GT review

zaps, 05/28/2014

very bad MPG it is giving 21MPG only as compared to 34MPG on highway and 24 on interior roads. While driving you can feel it is not smooth and can feel the hardness on accelerator. The Dealer says talk to hyundai and hyundai says talk to dealer. This is worst car i had

LOVE IT!

demarcho, 12/27/2012

I've been driving it for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it! Previously I had a 2005 Elantra... and it is a big upgrade with heated leather seats, Bluetooth, iPod, and Panoramic Sunroof. Lots of options....! This car feels heavier than sturdier than my previous car which makes me feel safer. Mileage... I am getting between 27~29 City and 32~34 Highway (going 75mph). I believe I will get better mileage in milder weather.

Excellent Interior and Value with some regrets

depiction, 05/25/2013

I came from a 2005 Mazda3 and was looking to buy a new hatchback for the versatility. I test drove the Impreza, Mazda3, and the Elantra GT. Thankfully I haven't noticed the MPG problems other owners have mentioned. In mixed driving I'm able to get 30-31 MPG with Active Eco mode off. After a couple tests, I've found Active Eco mode useless. It's a great value with an excellent interior. Unfortunately it's suspension is very harsh and it's a bit noisy (both engine and wind noise). I feel every little bump on the road. even after upgrading to excellent Michelin tires. At 65 MPH, interior noise is about 75 db, as measured by an app on my iPhone. A 2010 Mazda3 measures about 70 db.

Push Button Start Not Working

nothappy2013, 12/09/2013

Purchased the 2013 Elantra GT 8/31/13, no start issues until 11/15/13. Very nice vehicle except it will not start daily without pressing the brake and start button multiple times. Stranded once and called Roadside Assistance. They tightened the positive battery terminal. Also stopped at the dealership later the same day and the negative terminal was tightened. Last problem required 19 attempts to start the vehicle, number 20 was the lucky number. A very frustrating problem, dealership tests showed no problems found, certainly something is going on. Second trip to the dealership Tues. 12/10.

A fantastic value, and what a true hatchback should be.

throwingshade, 08/08/2013

I test drove all available 5 door hatchbacks on the market right now, and ended up with the Elantra GT. It was a toss up between it or the Ford Focus for me. What swayed me was the styling, including the interior. Nice! This car sets the bar for style and good looks. Also the warranties and standard feature set can't be beat. Although I did opt for the touch and go package, which includes keyless entry with push button start, sport suspension and 17 inch wheels. Hyundai has come a long way since the Excel, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. Toyota & Honda better do some homework, especially with their styling. Hyundais' are much better looking, inside and out.

Disappointing fuel economy, but I still LOVE it

stephen_b, 12/21/2012

What initially drove me to look at the GT was the fuel economy, but what sold me was the sleek styling and comfortable roomy interior. I am 6'3 and have ample head and leg room. The leather seats are very comfortable. And the car just looks sexy. I got it in red with tan leather and the style package, and it's just beautiful. It is visually far more appealing than any other car in it's class, imo. The only issue I have with it is the disappointing fuel economy. I have only had it for a little less than a month, but it's averaging about 25-26 mpg with a substantial amount of highway driving. I've only had it for a month, and put about 1k miles on it. I also live in a congested area.

My GT

Jack Accountius, 09/19/2016
4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Has been an excellent car. 63000 miles and has never needed any repair. Live on a dirt road, but this never phased the car. One of the best I have ever driven in ice and snow.

12345...6