2015 Hyundai Azera Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Azera model:

Awesome 2015 Limited Azera
By Henslow

2015 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Hyundai, and I had my doubts. But this has been, by far, the most pleasurable car that I have owned. I'm at the point in my life where I am looking for comfort over sharp driving characteristics, and this car has far exceeded my expectations. I know that it has received criticisms for steering and cornering, but honestly, I don't experience it as lacking in either. In fact, I find it quite sure footed in normal driving conditions. The navigation system has both pros and cons. It is a big step up in terms of clarity, but it is annoying that you have to type in a complete address. Even my old Prius had more intuitive software than this. But the whisper quiet ride and fantastic audio system more than make up for this shortfall. And the automatic high beams are a real plus in more rural driving conditions like we have in Arizona. Buy it and don't look back.

Not the luxury cruiser I hoped for
By John Walters

2015 Hyundai Azera Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

A number of things attracted me to the Azera. We own a CUV for basic transportation, I was looking for a luxury cruiser for extended trips. I was torn between a Chevrolet and the Hyundai. There aren't many cars in this price range that offer V-6 performance with front-wheel-drive. In the end I think I just preferred the looks and interior of the Hyundai over the competitor from General Motors.

After owning the car for a little more than one year there are no surprises. Engine power combined with the auto/manual transmission produces the performance I was looking for. Gas mileage is right on with the manufacturers numbers. Highway mileage runs very close to 30 mpg seemingly regardless of speed. The seats are quite comfortable while traveling for long periods. They also are heated or cooled depending on preference.

While I have been pleased with the car, I am disappointed with two things. The ride is severely hampered by the low-profile tires making the ride to harsh for the luxury vehicle class. Something I should've taken into consideration when comparing this vehicle with the competitor from GM. I've also noted excessive wear on the driver seat in the bolster area. It appears the "imitation leather" has worn off from sliding in and out of the car. How is that possible after just 14,000 miles of use? It's not a huge problem but one that will likely get worse as the car ages. That truly has been extremely disappointing in a vehicle that stickers close to 40K.

In hindsight I'm not exactly sure where this vehicle fits. It's not a sports sedan and the ride certainly doesn't qualify as a luxury cruiser. On the plus side the trunk is quite adequate, the climate control works well and the interior is spacious. I don't think this model has much of a future as the sales numbers have been dismal. Consequently the resale on this car is also not exceptionally good. It's doubtful I would buy this vehicle again but it may offer a great buy as a used vehicle.

Very happy
By Denise Carter

2015 Hyundai Azera Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Very happy with this car. Check for recalls to. Very comfortable car. Impressive for the price.